Toyota will be the world's #1 carmaker in 2007

So then my Kia spectra gets less then 30 MPG?

The people at the dealership said it was practically the same as the honda civic except for the name "brand" that honda carries.

May the best car company win. honestly you americans seem afraid of a little competition.

Not really. Its just annoying when people say american cars are "bad" considering they are very similar to foriegn cars nowadays.

Its not the same as it was years ago.

Just for your information Al, the only Americans here are Agent and Xanikk.

Not really. Its just annoying when people say american cars are "bad" considering they are very similar to foriegn cars nowadays.

Its not the same as it was years ago.

It's still true though. You proved that yourself.

So then my Kia spectra gets less then 30 MPG?

The people at the dealership said it was practically the same as the honda civic except for the name "brand" that honda carries.

From the 2006 guide:
Spectra ....................................... A-4..... 2.0/4 .. 25/34 .. $1,178
.................................................... M-5..... 2.0/4 .. 25/33 .. $1,178

I retract my previous statement about the 2007 guide having all the cars. IT looks to be less complete than the 2006 guide, so I guess they haven't got all the models in there yet.

EDIT: Regarding the competition, like I said I couldn't care less if GM gets knocked off #1 by a foreign company. Competition is good. I just think it is unfortunate that it may be to a company that makes inferior, flimsy feeling cars.

EDIT #2: Oops, Masq beat me to the Kia ratings. Fast moving thread!

EDIT: Regarding the competition, like I said I couldn't care less if GM gets knocked off #1 by a foreign company. Competition is good. I just think it is unfortunate that it may be to a company that makes inferior, flimsy feeling cars.

And in your opinion, why do people all over the world buy more inferior, flimsy-feeling cars ?

EDIT #2: Oops, Masq beat me to the Kia ratings. Fast moving thread!

:D

And in your opinion, why do people all over the world buy more inferior, flimsy-feeling cars ?
Mechanical reliability probably. I admit American cars are slightly more prone to breaking down that Asian vehicles, but it's getting better.

Mechanical reliability probably. I admit American cars are slightly more prone to breaking down that Asian vehicles, but it's getting better.

Allright :)

Personnaly what I'm looking at when I'm buying a car is to spend the least amount of money possible over the longest period of time. That's why I buy used, small, asian cars :)

Yay! No more POS American cars!

Are Toyota's really that flimsy ? I never owned one, so I can't comment on Toyota.
My last 2 cars have been Nissans, and the Maxima I had was certainly not flimsy. The Sentra SER I now own does feel a little flimsy, but it has much better performance and handling than the 3 American cars I had the displeasure of renting recently, the Cobalt, Focus, and Impala. The Cobalt felt even more flimsy than the SER (along with rattling all over the place), the Focus was just flat out slow, and Impala didn't have the acceleration or handling that my SER has (it was nice and quiet inside the car though). The high end models of those 3 American cars are also much more expensive than the SER. And to make up for the poor performance, the high end models are either V6's or turbo charged 4 cylinders. I could spend the difference in prices between my car and those cars, and buy and install a turbo, and put the performance of those cars to shame, for the same price.:lol:

Top Bottom