1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

TR02 - Losers move up to Emporer

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Succession Games' started by Tubby Rower, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Tubby Rower

Tubby Rower Chronic Slacker

Now that dman has led this loser (and others) to a Monarch win, we were feeling a little ballsy and wanted to go for an Emporer win. NO restrictions on victory condition and AI spawn is now turned off. The world is still completely random. As is our civilization and the opponents. We'll cut off the roster @ 5. So sign up quick. I'll roll some starts tonight and post the first five starting positions tomorrow.

This is [c3c]

Playing as: Random civ
    World size: Standard map
    World: completely random
    Barbs: random
    Rivals: 7 random civs
    Difficulty: Emporer
    victories enabled:
    domin.
    space race
    diplo
    conquest
    cultural
    desired victory: any
    respawn: off
    Ai aggression: normal

4000BC save

Roster: FULL
    Admiral Kutzov
    eldar
    dman
    Mach
    Tubby Rower
    Minute Man

2. eldar

eldar ChiefTank

Signing up, if you'll have me back (I won't be going off on holiday this time!)

3. Tubby Rower

Sure!! You can even start off if you want. I don't mind giving up the first turnset. Although I like the challenge of getting the best start, I'll defer to others if they want it.

4. dmanakho

dmanakho Chieftain

I'll sign in...
    But i will be extremely grumpy this time around when you guys make mistakes... :gripe: ;)
    Much harder to fix them on Emperor level you know... :)

What civ do we play this time?
    Chinese, Maya, Celts, Iro's are usually recommended for an easy training emperor win.

Oh, you know what it means if i play - we are going for fast domination/conquest :ar15:
    Although, I already have quite few SGs going on, i enjoyed playing with this team so i would be honored if you take me.

5. Mach

Mach hack

I don't want to step in front of anyone from TR01, but if you end up with some room, I'd love to join. I'm a monarch player, I've taken some small steps on emperor (and had a few small successes), but I still haven't managed to beat it.

6. Tubby Rower

I like the completely random starts. I won't know who we'll be until I get the starts tonight.

Roster: FULL
    eldar (first 20)
    dman
    Mach
    Tubby Rower
    Minute Man
    Admiral Kutzov

I might consider one other open spot.

BTW, dman, I played completely random game this weekend and ended up as India on an archepeligo. I won Dom. That was the first arch. I've ever played. The resources being split up and me being able to build War Elephants with no resources help quite a bit ;) .

7. Minute Man

Minute Man Chieftain

Signing up. Boy, is this filling up fast.

Are we going to save a spot for the Admiral? Or are we going to make dman go it alone again? :)

I actually wouldn't mind picking a good civ, considering that this game is going to be quite a bit harder. But random is OK too.

8. dmanakho

dmanakho Chieftain

it would only impress me if it was an emperor difficulty level.
    We both know monarch is a piece of cake for you now. ;)

One of the disadvantages of not living on east coast- you are always late :)

I wouldn't mind to share trainer's duties... Will make my life much easier..
    We will let captain to decide.

9. Tubby Rower

I'll close it and PM A-K to see if he wants to join. I just love idiots!! :salute:

The reason why I play random is to not pigeon-hole myself into a specific game-play style. I'm open to selecting a specific civ but personally I'd rather random. But since this is a team activity, I'll defer to the team.

10. Tubby Rower

I'm not considering this too much of a training game. I like to consider it a venture into the unknown. That way there's no pressure on dman or A-K. But please, ask questions if you are unclear on reasons. And dman, remember that MAch, MM and myself are stepping up to a new level. But don't go easy on us. ;)

11. Admiral Kutzov

Admiral Kutzov Idiot Emeritus

idiot contingent reporting :salute:

12. DBear

DBear unbeliever

I was too busy finishing up GotM39 to sign up for this (domination in 1752), so I'll just lurk.

13. Tubby Rower

It's nice to have you A-K!

Here are the starts (There bad no luxes)
    Start 1

Start 2

Start 3

Start 4

Start 5

14. eldar

eldar ChiefTank

#5 looks like the best of a bad bunch - what are the Civs?

15. dmanakho

dmanakho Chieftain

Start 5 looks easiest...

16. Tubby Rower

Civs:
    Start 1 - Byznatinnes
    Start 2 - Korea
    Start 3 - Inca
    Start 4 - Carthage
    Start 5 - Rome

17. dmanakho

dmanakho Chieftain

Rome, huh...
    We can play Rome.
    Should we move worker north first, if no food bonus (wheat??) opens settler in place and worker to irrigate and road food plains.

Research to pottery at max and Rome to build warrior->warrior->settler (for granary pre-build if food bonus exists or just a settler if not)

18. Tubby Rower

According to the minimaps, Starts 1 & 2 are near the south pole, and 3, 4 & 5 are almost on the equator.

It looks like everyone likes 5. A-K won't like the Flood Plains but he won't play until they are fully developed any way so he should have to fool with them.

I think that worker N and settle in place. Move the settler only if there is a food bonus and it will NOT be in the city radius if settled in place.

As far as research, our opponents are Celts, Russia, Arabia, Babylon, Aztecs, China, & Egypt. Out of those, 4 have Pottery, 4 Ceremonial Burial, 2 Bronze Working, 2 Warrior Code and 2 Masonry. We start out with WC & Alpha. WE have the monopoly on Alpha at the beginning. I think that we should start on Writing at max. We can trade for Pots.

19. dmanakho

dmanakho Chieftain

oh well....
    Looks like we gamble this time and trade pottery...

The only problem would be if we play archipelago and nobody is around... but l doubt that is the case...
    So Writing at max and we are going for philosophy freebie

20. Tubby Rower

HEre are the guidelines for the game. I stole these from others but they did a better job of writing things down than I could.