1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Tracking commerce inconsistency bugs

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Oct 12, 2019 at 8:43 PM.

1. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

With the latest update, I have added code to detect commerce inconsistency. Usually, the overall player commerce and the sum of total commerce of all cities is supposed to be equal. However, in some reported savegames this was not the case, which can lead to crashes.

I haven't been able to find the cause of this myself, and it was already too late in the submitted saves. So we are going with this.

If the bug is detected during your games, you should receive an interface message along the lines of: "Detected a bug, please report latest autosave in the Dawn of Civilization forums". In that case, please report the autosave in the bug reports thread. I also encourage everyone to set their autosaves to every turn to make this as easy as possible.

I have no idea how common or rare this bug is and if you will see this message at all. However I assume it is more likely to occur in the lategame.

2. DanLT3

DanLT3 Chieftain

Remind us, how do you set autosaves to every turn?

1SDAN and Leoreth like this.
  3. uff1ee

uff1ee Chieftain

Documents\My Games\beyond the sword\CivilizationIV.ini

AutoSaveInterval = 1

Kott, DanLT3, 1SDAN and 1 other person like this.