Trade 1842

Kev

Hired Goon
I'm tired, and just didn't have time to search supply and demand. I can do it on Thursday night if necessary.

In any case, trade has been great for us. That oil for 805 gold and that silk for nearly 500 basically bought two cities for us!

Right now, we have gold, oil, beads, and spice in a transport. The gold is demanded by Samarkand so I was trying to get it there. The others I'm not sure. The gold and beads come from Olympia, the oil from Viroconium and the spice from Becka-Becka.

I would really like to get some additional freights out as well - some are being built, but perhaps even some more.

Anyway, I'm up for some thoughts as to where to go with the freight.

Can someone tell us whether THDP demands oil? I'm sure it must, unless we've already stuck one in there and from Viroconium will get us a good bonus for beakers (and er, gold :)). Otherwise, just choose a large city on the mainland to send it to. We've got rails everywhere so it'll arrive in one turn. The city would be best off with lots of trade but not necessarily lots of people but the two do tend to go hand in hand. As for the others, Samarkand is great for gold but just use your judgement for the spice and beads. Neither are high yield commodities. :goodjob:

Yeah, beads is only demanded by like two cities and they are both lame. I was tempted to use it to just add 50 shields to SETI, but I refrained.

Speaking of which, anyone think we should rush a bunch of freights on the home isle? With the decent production, in two turns we could have about 5 or 6 to send for SETI. Depends on how quickly we'd like to get it.

We have loads of gold but we don't need the wonder straight away. So if we are not going to bribe any cities, then we should rush build the freight.

I would prefer to rush a number of improvements instead, preferably factories etc to increase production. Building SETI is not urgent at the moment, and we will soon have a few mainland cities with production enough to build some freights for free if we want to speed it up anyway. If we rush the factories we will be able to build not only those freights but also lots of other stuff. :)

We will still be needing a whole heap o' caravans (no relation ;)) to build Apollo and then build the SS parts so we could maybe start to improve production as Spice suggests rather than just rushing the caravans. We want to get a caravan at least every 2 turns from all of our mainland cities and that will make SS production a breeze! :goodjob:

I agree to not rushing freights just yet, but focusing on improvements, esp. production. I'm sure we have plans for rushing some tanks and howies, as well ;) I"d like to see another battleship and a few more cruisers around, too, so we have enough for whatever front is active and a couple left over for homeland defense (see Ren's military thread)

As for the current freights, don't have any real strong opinions. Gold to Samarkand sounds good if they still demand it by the time you get there.

I'd like to see some factories too, we got to be ready for building that SS when we have Apollo. It's always good to have some units around like battleship and armor, it's quite annoying to have to build that whilst in the process of building SS just because your armor lost against a warrior of the Romans.....

Top Bottom