Eric Guimarães

Chieftain
I don't really know if someone in this forum has already talked about the idea of trade blocs, but I think it would be really interesting for developers to introduce this concept in later DLCs of the game...
I think that this should be a Diplomatic deal available after ''Capitalism'' or ''Globalization'' civic is researched, and this deal would include the civilizations that would like to join in by negotiation...
The main benefits this deal would provide for the nations would be : increased cultural influence, trade routes would provide more gold between participants and each Commercial hub/Harbor district that belongs to the leaders in the bloc would provide +2 gold for each civilization in the bloc (to stimulate leaders to create blocs and be friendly)...
What do you guys think?:)
(Sorry for the bad English :cringe:)

I guess this only make sense with a world congress mechanic. because otherwise how else should each member be asked if a new member should get part of the trade bloc?

I guess this only make sense with a world congress mechanic. because otherwise how else should each member be asked if a new member should get part of the trade bloc?
  • yes, I expect this concept to work partially with the World Congress:c5citystate:.
  • In what concerns new participants of a bloc, I think that there should be a poll between the bloc members, and each one would vote against:c5angry: or in favor:c5happy: of the integration...The main reason of this ''poll'' would be to incentivize the players to play more diplomatically:c5influence: and accordingly to the agendas of each bloc member,so that they can vote in favor of the candidate's integration in the bloc...This kind of negotiation would valorize the agendas mechanic.
  • The candidate would only be accepted if he obtains the majority of "in favor :c5happy:" votes (If there are only 2 members the candidate must obtain both votes in favor).

Top Bottom