1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Trade bugs - Did they accidentally swap flat gold (G) and GPT in evaluation?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by kaspergm, Apr 4, 2019.

1. kaspergm

kaspergm Warlord

I've seen numerous bug reports about the trading system.

In my current game, I get the impression that they have somehow switch flat gold and GPT in AI trade value evaluation. Have anybody seen similar behavior?

I'm talking about things like picking a lux and pick GPT which defaults to 10 GPT, then AI will decline. Then I ask "What will you give?", and they offer 2 gold + 29 GPT - which clearly is nonsense, but would make sense if AI think it's offering 2 GPT + 29 gold.

Julia97, nzcamel and Infixo like this.
  2. Josephias

Josephias Chieftain

An easy test could be made, as I think AI was always calculating lump sum of gold in the end.

If 50gpt+3g is, to the eyes of the AI, similar to 20gpt+4g, that might be the case.

3. dshirk

dshirk Firaxian

We're looking at this now. Thanks!

4. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Warlord Supporter

Appreciate the communication @dshirk!

5. Stringer1313

Stringer1313 Chieftain

Ah, you have cracked the code! It's not that they are overvaluing things - I think you're right, they are doing GPT instead of GP!

6. Takfloyd

Takfloyd Chieftain

It's not that simple, though it could be a part of it. It still wouldn't explain why they are willing to pay more for fewer resources, and less for more. Or why they accept giving away 10 iron for 5 iron. There's several bugs involved, but the developers are on the case, so hopefully we won't have to wait until the summer patch to get this fixed.

7. ossi

ossi Chieftain

No, in the antarctic thread I showed a Screenshot with the AI offering 33 G + 122 GPT for one single iron. Also swapping would be stupid.

8. kaspergm

kaspergm Warlord

I agree, there's definitely *other* issues as well when it comes to trading resources. Like AI denying trading iron, then if you swap around numbers in the right combination, suddenly they will trade, but if you then take it off table and puts exactly the same numbers up, they will not trade it.

9. Pietato

Pietato Warlord

Maybe it was cold iron and they have a demon infestation.

10. FeiLing

FeiLing Chieftain

Elenor (England) was buying a single coal last game from me for 5 gpt. Until her stockpiles were full. Kinda makes sense if the AI thought it would offer 5 Gold.
    Noteworthy however: I could also sell her 1 coal in exchange for several coal of her plus some gold :thinking:

11. skodkim

skodkim Chieftain

Really, really, really keeping my fingers crossed for a fix before the weekend. Had been holding off buying GS altogether. Only played a few turns before the patch was announced so I decided to wait playing until after the patch. Now I don't want to start a new game again with this horrible game breaking bug :cry:

<Browser Refresh> :badcomp: <Browser Refresh> :badcomp: <Browser Refresh> :badcomp: <Browser Refresh> :badcomp:

\Skodkim

kaspergm and Tomice like this.
  12. Tomice

Tomice Passionate Smart-Ass

Same here :sad:

13. Fampat

Fampat Chieftain

Would also love to see that happen, but i guess this its a bit too less time for evaluating, fixing, testint qa and all that for all platforms...

14. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

I can't see that the values are swapped, because some deals I'm offered are completely fair for both sides. But those happen to be civs that are unhappy with me. It's the civs that are happy with me that are too generous. And the civs that are really unhappy with me just demand money all the time, sometimes ridiculous amounts.

Also found problems trying to buy back my captured spies, it's quite expensive to say the least.

15. ossi

ossi Chieftain

Completely agree. I will also not start a new game before new patch. Now I have time for other things ... :)

16. oedali

oedali Chieftain

In my first game post patch I also noticed a big difference in AI trades but it’s I’m still in classical era so not as extreme as some of these examples. Specifically what I noticed is that I had access to horse and my three AI neighbors did not. They were all willing to give me generous amounts of GPT (~20 gpt) to buy 20 horses. I call it generous because it’s only turn 50 and selling 60 horses for 60 gpt gave my economy a huge boost. Pre patch I would have gotten mostly lump sum gold but they were willing to give 100 gold max and didn’t want to trade lump some but gpt instead.

I also don’t think it’s as simple as being “reversed” because in my particular case it was either something like 150 gold for 20 horses to 20gpt

Certainly needs to be looked at ASAP.. reminds of the AI trade bugs from last year.

17. V. Soma

V. Soma long time civ fan

here is hopes for a quick patch - I can't start new game... (not that I have much time for playing, though...)

Stilgar08 and skodkim like this.
  18. Basajaun

Basajaun Chieftain

It definitely feels very weird, when they are offering me almost 40 gpt for 1 diplomatic favor on turn @50 (epic speed). I will not abuse it to the extent of cheesing the system to make absurd amounts of money, but Im using that advantage to up the difficulty level and learn with a bit less stress how the game develops in deity. Just doing standard trading, amenity for amenity and such. Although several times ive had to offer 3 different amenities in exchange for 2, or 2 + absurd amount of gpt for their 2 amenities. You can balance it a bit yourself this way, its just the economic growth will go faster for everyone

19. MrRadar

MrRadar Chieftain

What our prophets think about chances getting a hotfix today? Dennis wrote yesterday in the bug forum that they squashed something.

20. tedhebert

tedhebert Chieftain

Hoping you guys get the fix soon... for my part, not in a rush, I won't be playing the next 10 days, going to Helsinki to watch my daughter compete in a synchronized figure skating competition... should be exciting !