Trade Confederacy +1 influence per TR bonus, how much is it worth?

Stalker0

Baller Magnus
I was curious about this so I crunched the math. Trade Confederacy grants +1 influence to a CS you have a TR with, up to +5 per TR.

So how much is that actually "worth" in terms of yields?

If we take a game where the policy is starting to ramp up, the late renaissance where I have state craft fully unlocked, enjoys going, my printing press a moving. This is where a lot of influence motion is happening in the game.

Envoys: 400 hammers (discounted due to 286 hammers based on my discounts, granting 90 influence). Or its a 490 gold purchase.
Note: This is for my capital envoys which is maxxed on bonuses. In most games, I am often generating envoys from multiple places. On the flip side, yields now are better than yields later, so getting a lump of influence now is stronger than later. Further TRs are always at risk to be sniped and killed (envoys can too but I find TRs are more commonly hit throughout the game). Overall I am not factoring everything here, so using the best envoy as my comparison is a way to compensate for some of that.

+5 influence per turn will get me to 90 influence in 18 turns. So every 18 turns I am generating 5 envoys worth of influence across 5 trade routes. In other words: 286 hammers per envoy * 5 envoys / 5 trade routes / 18 turns = ~16 hammers per trade route are "added on".

Trade Confederacy: Effective Yields per TR based on Influence Gained (Envoys)
Trade Route NumberHPT per TRGPT per TR
5+*15.927.2
*Past 5 TRs, the bonus does not increase, but stays constant. You produce more envoys worth of influence, but spread over more TRs.

Top Bottom