Trade Empires, Indian Ocean Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

CurryAztec

Uncle Hồ
I have just finished my long 3 and a half weeks of labor on this mod, that I hope all of you enjoy. :D There may be some problems, so you could help me out by telling me if there are any. Also, I would love to hear your feedback. Anyways, Trade Empires is a series of scenarios taking place in different times and places, to make trading a fun experience, whether you like making money, or destroying your trade rivals! This is the first modpack I've ever made, so you might think it is sort of cheesy. It takes place in well, obviously the Indian Ocean. The time period is from 1000 - 1600 AD, and is 300 years of playing. This mod also has custom music for each civ.

Here is the link for the download:

Trade Empires, Indian Ocean Blue

The Civs and Their Leaders, Their Units, and Their Buildings are:

Spoiler :
Cham Kingdom - Che Bunga - Mountain Guard (Pikeman) - Linga (Monument)
Chola Empire - Rajendra Chola - Kallarani (Maceman) - Trade Guild (Market)
Dai Viet Empire - Ly Thanh Tong - Battle Elephant (War Elephant) - Open Market (Market)
Delhi Sultanate - Iltutmish - Royal Sentry (Pikeman) - Mausoleum (Jail)
Dutch Republic - Cornelis de Houtman - East Indiaman (Galleon) - Dike (Levee)
Khmer Empire - Suryavaram II - Ballista Elephant (War Elephant) - Baray (Aqueduct)
Mactan Chiefdom - Lapu-Lapu - Vinta (Galley) - Barangay Hall (Jail)
Majapahit Empire - Hayam Wuruk - Silat Adept (Maceman) - Candi (Hindu Temple)
Malacca Sultanate - Mansur Shah - Malay Privateer (Privateer) - Warehouse (Bank)
Mughal Empire - Akbar - Heavy Bombard (Cannon) - Craftsmans' Quarters (Forge)
Pegu Kingdom - Bana Thau - Burmese Levy (Maceman) - Local Garrison (Barracks)
Portugese Crown - Vasco da Gama - Carrack (Caravel) - Feitoria (Customs House)
Spanish Crown - Ferdinand Magellan - Conquistador (Cuirassier) - Citadel (Castle)
Sukhothai Kingdom - Ramkhamhaeng the Great - Mahout (War Elephant) - Ho Trai (Library)
Swahili City-States - Al-Hasan ibn Sulaiman - Dhow (Caravel) - International Port (Harbor)
Tibetan Empire - Gendun Gyatso Palzangpo (His Holiness the 2nd Dalai Lama) - Kham Cavalry (Knight) - Gompa (University)
Timurid Empire - Tamerlane - Turcoman Rider (Knight) - Oasis (Granary)
Yuan Dynasty - Kublai Khan - Cho-Ko-Nu (Crossbowman) - Pavilion (Theatre)

Now, if you are having problems figuring out how to make the game work, just follow these instructions...

The modpack should be put into the BTS mods. The WBS file (Trade Empires, Indian Ocean Blue) should be put into the "saves" folder and within the "World Builder Folder" there to see the pre-made scenario.

And also, if you want to see the main menu screen and the music, you have to switch the graphic options to Beyond the Sword, instead of Civ Classical, Warlords, or Normal.

Lastly, thanks to:

Spoiler :
Fk2006 - bunch of buttons
CivGold - bunch of leaderheads
CybrxKhan - making map by my request
Ekmek - for some leaderheads
Everyone else - For everything else

Attachments

• Trade Empires, Indian Ocean Blue Map.jpg
    Trade Empires, Indian Ocean Blue Map.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 1,452
  • Trade Empires, Indian Ocean Blue Preview.jpg
    Trade Empires, Indian Ocean Blue Preview.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 1,017
  • Trade Empires, Indian Ocean Blue Civilopedia.jpg
    Trade Empires, Indian Ocean Blue Civilopedia.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 750
I've only played it for 10 minutes, and I like it, but so far its crashed twice when I try to build a craftsman's quarters (as Mughal) in a newly captured barb city.

i know, its very strange, whenever u try to build a UU or UB, it crashes the game... But when u go into WB and build it, it doesn't crash... Maybe if one of you better modders could take a look and maybe figure out what my problem is? Thanks for the feedback though. :D *Cough*

Hello!

I‘ve download your mod and checked some xml files in your mod.
In fact, I think you may make some mistakes in the file CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml, but those mistakes are easy to fix.

The reason for why game crashes when you try to build UU while it keeps fine in WB is that the button information in city building list is wrong.

In your CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml, you define the Button information like this:

<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Mahout/Mahout Button.dds</Button>

However, the comma after <Button> is unnecessary and needs to be deleted.
So, the right format should be:

<Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Mahout/Mahout Button.dds</Button>

In fact, all the button information you added should not have comma after <Button>. So you just need to delete all the comma in your new UU and UB (note that the button information from core game needs comma, only the newly added button information does not need comma)

Hope it helps:crazyeye:

I've looked in it, it has potential :goodjob:.
Nice scenario :).

Are you planing to improve it more? New tech-tree, totally new units, etc?
Religious victory would also fit good in it.

For the most people, you'll need a bigger map, but i think, -sr has already created one.

im sorry, but I don't think I'll be able to do new tech-tree, totally new units. I just make simple mods... Well I can't say "mods" since this is my first mod :p But thanks for the compliment.

okay, ill take a look at it... I hate time-consuming tho :D But it's worth a try, if you really want to see me making this mod better :lol: Would I have to remake the whole map though...

yea... i just looked at the tech-tree and units... I can't really find anything to rename... I'm going to just keep my mod the way it is... I'm happy with what I made, considering I'm only 13 and this is my first mod. :p

yea... i just looked at the tech-tree and units... I can't really find anything to rename... I'm going to just keep my mod the way it is...

I thought, it would be nice, if you have a bigger tech-tree for this period, and more units. But's your choice :).

But i would suggest to create new/rename the companies (so that they fit to this era), because of the "Trade Empires" in the title.

I'm happy with what I made, considering I'm only 13 and this is my first mod. :p

Respect :goodjob:.

Lol thanks for respecting me :D And yea, Im just gonna work on my next mod, which I'm sure you'll like a lot better, because It'll have a lil twist to it, where history meets fiction:lol:

Lol thanks :D Might take me about 3 - 4 weeks to do tho... Cuz I mean I'm just one person :( And plus, if someone could please make the leaderhead of the Arawak from C4C and make it useable in CivIV BtS, I'd really appreciate it, since I don't have C4C myself.:cry:

I just figured out this should be in Scenarios, not mods. I asked a moderator to move it, so if you guys still wanna comment, it'll be there soon (I can't guarantee how long it will take for the moderator to actually move it though):lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom