1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Trade Mechanics seem to be broken in GS deity(Possible Exploit)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Hans Tork, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Hans Tork

Hans Tork Chieftain

Ok, let me give a bit of background on the game I have completed. I started as Hungary on Pangaea map and deity difficulty with everything set to standard settings. This was my first GS game. I had a decent start as I used the UA of Hungary to kill my neighbour Alex. Despite the land and cities I possessed I missed having Nitre and the AT crew of Korea was staring at me from their borders. When I went to my only ally Shaka for a trade he seemed to give me 1 Nitre for 1 gpt. I changed it to lump gold and WHOA! to my surpise he offers it to me at only 6 gold. BYE BYE lack of Nitre. Here are the screenshots under the spoiler tag.

Spoiler :

20190221225002_1.jpg

What is weird is if you increase the amount it gets exponentially increased. However just repeating the trade with 1 Nitre infinite times gives you the same result.

Spoiler :

20190221225019_1.jpg

2. Hans Tork

Hans Tork Chieftain

I would further add a few screenshots here. What is happening is the AI(your ally) thinks that 1 Nitre for 6 gold is a good deal. However he does not want to trade too much nitre at that price. So he increases the price if you ask for 2 Nitre. However after you have done your 1 Nitre for 6 gold deal you can repeat that deal ad infinitum. There is no check/savestate for AI to know how much of the Nitre he has given away. I managed to get all of Shaka`s 12 nitre per turn at 6 gold(ie 6X12=72 lump gold)and unfriendly Rome,Nubia`s Nitre at 8 gold only.

So Firaxis is forcing to me click my mouse button like hell just to get nitre. If I increase the amount in a single trade the AI seems to come back to its senses.

More screenshots

Spoiler :

20190221225031_1.jpg

3. Hans Tork

Hans Tork Chieftain

The same mechanic seems to be at work when you are selling game resources like Coal,Uranium etc They value 1 Coal much higher than 2 Coal or so on.
    The standard price seems to be 1 Coal for 206 lump gold or 8 gpt. Increase the Coal to 2 and the AI offers a lower rate. However make the same 1 Coal offer repeatedly till the AI`s gold bank is depleted and it will accept it like a moron. You can repeat the trade ad infinitum till the AI`s stock is at full(a hard thing to do since late game stockpiles are massive). You can sell about 150 Coal for 8 gpt or 206 each. That translates to roughly 1200 gpt or 30,900 gold. That is enough for 5 Giant Death Robots. GG game balance on deity.:crazyeye::eek:

Spoiler :

20190221225820_1.jpg

20190221225830_3.jpg

4. BenitoChavez

BenitoChavez Whispering Walrus

Yeah I've noticed similar behavior in my games. The AI will trade 1 unit of a resource away for almost no gold but bump that up to 2 or higher and they ask for an arm and a leg. Very inconsistent behavior.

Hans Tork likes this.
  5. Hans Tork

Hans Tork Chieftain

It is something that needs to be fixed. Right now all you need on deity is to settle near Coal/Uranium and get all the gold in the world. It is just a tedious click fest of selling 1 resource for massive profit or buying 1 for abysmal rates.

6. Hans Tork

Hans Tork Chieftain

It seems the entire game is broken now. You can end up with infinite gold just by selling and reselling Favours. Favours cost 5 gold but sell for 7-10 gold.

20190228193119_1.jpg

20190228193211_1.jpg

Kjimmet and Arilian like this.
  7. Hans Tork

Hans Tork Chieftain

Also save for favours allies can sometimes sell lower than the price at which they buy a resource.

8. Arilian

Arilian King

Yes the favor pricing is wrong/bugged

Hans Tork likes this.