Trade Route Broken?

pxpdoo

Ninja Burger Fry Cook
Just want to know if anyone else has seen this:
Into my third game, now as Washington, and all three games I've gotten a message that a trade route to one of my own cities is broken, for exactly one (1) turn, and the very next turn it tells me that a trade route has been "established" with that same city. Fully roaded, no enemies or barbs, and even have open sea trade routes. wtf?

Any chance it was a fly by made by a barb boat? I have seen the message pop up a couple times when a barb boat goes by one of my coastal cities. That's the only thing I can think of.

I suppose that's a possibility, I sometimes multitask. I'll test from now on.

It usually happens when a city you have a road to builds a harbor. So it switches from one type of trade route to the other. Then, if your sea route is disrupted (Barbs, unfriendly nations) it reverts back to the road. It never actually disrupts the route, but, it does disrupt the railroad bonus if your road is a simple road.

Also, from my own experience, I have had a trade route established to my capital through another civ's territory. Open borders are needed to have this trade route be in effect, so if your route goes through another civ's territory, make sure you have open borders.

Top Bottom