Trade route without roads and without sailing

flitz

Warlord
Hi,

in the attached savegame, I realized that my southern-most city, Nuremberg, has a trade route with the rest of my empire.

I wonder why this is, the roads to the city are not finished yet and although it has a river access, I have not researched sailing, yet.
Is this a bug or am I missing something ?

Attachments

• streen BC-0625.CivBeyondSwordSave
    79.9 KB · Views: 135
Can't look at save now, but as long as the river connection is entirely within your cultural borders, you usually get the trade route even without sailing.

Aye, cities connected with rivers inside your cultural borders will get intra-city trade route(s).

This is actually the case, the river tiles from between nuremberg and aachen are completely inside by cultural borders.

I probably missunderstood this the whole time then, thanks for clearing it up

It should also be noted that this works for coastal connections as well

On rivers, one can imagine that the people are using rafts or barges and pulling them along the river. I'm not sure how that would map to the coast, though.

Can't look at save now, but as long as the river connection is entirely within your cultural borders, you usually get the trade route even without sailing.

Of course. Famous quote: "We don't need no boats. Let's fling it upriver!":crazyeye:

Top Bottom