1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Trade routes in computer cities

Discussion in 'Civ1 - General Discussions' started by Lord.L., Jul 6, 2018.

1. Lord.L.

Lord.L. Chieftain

I often notice that when I capture enemy cities they already have trade routes to cities that are very far. I'm sure that they couldn't make them with caravans (never seen any enemy caravans). How do they make them? Скриншот 2018-07-06 15.59.01.png

2. Mize

Mize Chieftain

When the AI builds a caravan it doesn't move it on the map to establish a trade route like a human player, but the caravan gets immediately teleported to the current best trade city in the world (that isn't human controlled). Even if the AI that owns the caravan has no contact with that city yet. But the AI does indeed build caravans and you can see that in game replays: 'somebody builds first caravan', and that somebody isn't you.

3. tuga2112

tuga2112 Chieftain

so, effectively the AI is cheating.
    interesting to know. i wonder how this will be implemented in the CivOne... i dont think theres code implemented in the AI to produce caravans yet tho.

4. tuga2112

tuga2112 Chieftain

5. Theov

Theov Chieftain

oh in Civ1 the AI cheats. Cheats like you don't want to know :D

6. tuga2112

tuga2112 Chieftain

well... then i dont need feel guilty for those fast settlers... or switch army purchases...