Trade routes to me

stainless_steel

Chieftain
Hi all,

How do I get other civs to send me trade routes. I have no problem with sending out trade routes (exports?), but how do I get trade routes in? When I look at my trading stats, only Indonesia is sending me stuff, how do I get more civs to send me trade (imports?)

Thanks in advance

The AI does what you do for the most part. They send a route to the guy that gives them the most science/gold combination.

So you need to do stuff in your city that makes it worth a lot of gold. Every luxury and resource adds 0.5 gold to the route. Population gives them more gold so grow your cities fast. Being near a river grants the sender 50% more gold for land routes so settling most of your inland cities on rivers attracts more. Some things like distance you can't really control but the AI gets more gold if they send longer distances. If we are talking land routes, getting your roads up quickly will allow their trade routes to reach farther into your empire possibly making them worth more to send to you. I see a lot more AI routes sent to me on Pangaea when I complete a good road network and grow some big ciites. Also if you build a market they get extra gold, and for land routes, a caravansary. So building those early will attract more. If you have one city significantly bigger/better then the others like your capital the same AI will sometimes send multiple routes to it from different cities as well. If the AI's neighbors are giving them more gold then you though you probably won't see very many routes so you need to attract them.

Also how much they like you can affect things although it seems to only discourage them sometimes. I've seen AI I knew hated me still send routes if it was good money.

Sometimes the old adage, "Ya gotta SPEND money, to MAKE money", does apply; send a TR to an AI, and maybe the AI'll send a TR to you ... if that TR makes a profit for the AI .

It is YOUR job to make your cities a "sweeter" deal than other places offer; as danaphanous said in #2 of this thread .

In the later game, in the Trade Route Overview, you get to see :

1) How many TRs you have, and going to who for how much;

2) what type of TR, land or sea;

3) most importantly, how many turns before you have to re-assign a TR to another task (previous or new target) .

When it comes time to quash an AI, begin to move your TRs AWAY from the war zone BEFORE you attack .

Your TRs are WEAPONS of MASS ECONOMICS !!; be careful in their use and preservation !

Top Bottom