1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Trade Routes - why are destinations not in list?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by David Young, Feb 6, 2020.

1. David Young

David Young Chieftain

Hi, I'm struggling to understand why many possible destinations are not showing up in the trade route destinations list. I have a trader sitting in a city with a dockyard (playing as Victoria) and the trader has a sea route range of 30 and a land route range of 15. My cities on this continent - not on others - show up. City states and foreign cities - even though significantly less than 30 across water are not on the list. What am I missing??? And is there a way to increase the land/sea range?

Thanks in advance

2. Zdarg

Zdarg Prince

Are those cities coastal? If not, you can't have sea trade route to them unless through some coastal city.
    Are there unexplored tiles on the way to them? Trade routes can't go through unexplored tiles.
    Also, trade routes can't go through ocean tiles until you research needful technology.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  3. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

Check at the top if the selection is to show your destinations only. Set it to 'All' to see all possible ones.

nauberry likes this.
  4. nauberry

nauberry Chieftain

Are you sure you have not been embargoed in the world congress? That cuts all foreign trade from and to your cities. Trade routes can be extended by first sending the trader to one city, that is within reach. After completion of the trade route, a trading post will appear in that city. All future trade routes passing through the city wiht the trading post will reset the trading distance.

5. Sykes179

Sykes179 Chieftain

You can't send more than one trade route city to city so if you already had a few active trade routes from the city it would reduce the availability.

6. CPWimmer

CPWimmer King

I don't remember the exact rules, but I believe that in some cases the destination civ/city needs to have a harbor to accept cross-ocean trade routes.

Also, pretty much any of the reasons posted before me could be causing the issue as well.