Trade: SaaMs Hostile Take Over

Stuck_as_a_Mac

Aptenodytes forsteri
Fearing that CG will not do anything by the time of the next TC and that he has to go back to school on Monday, SaaM siezes control of the Trade Department and gets his interns on the case.
RPG-Work Aside, Trade has yet to do anything this term. So, here's a thread. I'm going to go look through the latest save and try to pull out a few trades (and hopefully a poll, depending on the ammount of time we can do this in (next TCs on the 15th at 7:00 EST. [can't make it due to Princeton Review Class])

So, I'm going to go and find some trades.

SaaM

Trade Library for either Construction or Code of Laws once we get it, since other Civs have it.

Or for Philos or Currency.

If you need Gold for this, Domestic will clear up to 70 Gold out of 107, plus any that we get in other trades.

Okay...
Heres the current Stats over whos up what on us
Code:
[size=3][b]ZULU:[/b][/size] 
Up: Code Of Laws, Construction
[size=3][b]ROME:[/b][/size] 
Up: Code of Laws, Literature
[size=3][b]BABLYON:[/b][/size] 
Up: Code of Laws
[size=3][b]IROQUOI:[/b][/size] 
[size=3][b]FRANCE:[/b][/size]

As you can see, everyone has COL. But we have Monarchy. Now, I know no one wants to trade Monarchy, but we could feasibly close the gap by trading Monarchy to the Zulu for Construction (Mono tech for Mono tech, and we don’t know the Indians, so they cant grab it). We can also grab 25g, a WM and a TM. After that, we could most likely trade any of the 3 civs with Lit and CoL Construction and a handful of gold, or a map (or just Monarchy). We would close our tech deficit and gain a tech (Construction). Plus, we still haven’t sent out any suicide galleys.

While there are negatives for trading Monarchy (I expect Cyc to be very vocal on these J), it would un-dig our hole and it would let us jump to the next tech we need, putting our research of lit towards that.

It’s a risky move, but I think we should try it. Trading Monarchy might help.

SaaM

Good work, Stuck. I'm glad to see the Deputy stepping inwhen the Leader is Absent or lacking. We don't need Leaders like that.

.... :eek: Trade Monarchy!!??!! What are you nuts??!!?? :lol:

At present we are the only ones in a new form of Goverment. We will move quicker towards our goals than the others. We were just technologically advanced according to the Science guy. We will soon have libraries in our cities. ;) And it's possible that we can build the Hanging Gardens. If you give away (and that's what it would be) Monarchy, Hammi or Joan may cascade to the HG. Don't do this!

Don't trade Monarchy and set us back! :p

I would agree that trading with Zulu Monarchy@1 for Construction@2 + extras

Then trading with France Construction@3 for Lit @4 with either + or - extras

Then trading with Babs Cons@4 and Lit @5 for CoL @6 + extras

Then trading with Iroqs Cons@5 for even a small profit to keep it away from Zulu.

No trades with Rome so that we have a future victim available in case we need a war.
No additional trades of Monarchy and we will hopefully keep everyone cleaned out enough that no one can buy it from the Zulus.

If we can get BOTH CoL AND Construction from Zulus, then I'd trade away Monarchy. And even throw in a little Gold to the deal if needed.

But if we can't get both... then they can go to war :p

I understand your concern Cyc. But we dont have a prebuild yet (not my department) for the Gardens (which we should) And in 7 turns, we will research a tech that 3 out of 5 civs know. I doubt we will be able to get much off of it, at best just CoL (Babs).
Or, we could grab everything we need and get a head start on another tech if we trade a tech we have a monopoly on.

Regardless, I'm just glad to get a conversation started that serves some merrit.
But just a reminder: on Monday, I'm back @ my state sponsored Prision.

SaaM

SaaM maybe you could start a hostile takeover of the Zulu science department as well and get their techs :D. But we should start considering to trade monarchy, other civs will get it eventually.

Trading Monarchy is fine with me; anything that gets us near the tech lead is good with me. I agree with MOTH's plan of getting Construction from the Zulu, as only they know it, and using that + Monarchy to get CoL and Lit...

I didn't realize the difference in cost between construction and monarchy was low as it is. Zulu would not get much of a discount in a trade. Also, we will easily get everyone else's money if we trade construction to them (or possibly literature to Babylon). The difference in cost between construction and literature is several hundred gold, so there may be some time before the Zulu sell construction. Also, by getting everybody's money, it will be a while before Zululand could sell monarchy if we pursue the possible trades.

Also worth considering, regardless of whether we do the massive tech trades, is trading maps around to make a profit. I'm surprised the AI hasn't done it already.

Do not trade away Monarchy unless we get two good techs but gold. Yet, we sould delay that as long as possible, I want to invade a weak Rome, not a Rome that has gained Monarchy from the Zulus.

Provolution said:
Do not trade away Monarchy unless we get two good techs but gold. Yet, we sould delay that as long as possible, I want to invade a weak Rome, not a Rome that has gained Monarchy from the Zulus.

I'd rather invade a Rome in anarchy. Build up a large force, trade them monarchy and sweep into the carnage.

I'm against trading a (by the AI) highly valued tech like Monarchy.
And ecspecially (this word looks really wrongly written) for techs we don't really need or can research quickly ourselves. We only need Currency for marketplaces and CoL for courts. the rest is trivial.
I suggest to not trade at all. Suicide Galleys are a better way to contact yet unknown civs and benefit from them while not giving our continent-sharers a helping hand.

No trading please

dont trade monarchy, we spent forever getting it, and the only tech that really matters anymore is literature and currency

dont trade monarchy, dont trade monarchy, dont trade monarchy...

Stuck gets up from his desk and goes to the window to find out what the rukus is all about. There on the lawn are the Fourteen Interns, doing a beautifully choreographed broadway dance number, singing...

Cyc said:

Stuck gets up from his desk and goes to the window to find out what the rukus is all about. There on the lawn are the Fourteen Interns, doing a beautifully choreographed broadway dance number, singing...

joined by rm, cyc, and bh :D

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that I approve the delaying of the sale of monarchy until the opportune time. Unfortunately, the opportune time may come in the middle of the turnchat, but I would rather sell a little late then now. Keep the AIs in despotism for now.

This depends on what culture does. If culture wants to sart the Hanging Gardens, we shouldn't trade it.

If we aren't going to build HG, it is still not the best idea. We research fast now, so the AI's techs wouldn't be that valueable. It depends how you see 'worth it.'

Top Bottom