Trade

Irrelevant77

Chieftain
When an AI ask to trade something and you agree do you lose that tech or resoure. Also I have corn but in some AI screens it isn't showing. Can someone please help. Thanks.

You will lose the Health/Happiness/Strategic value of a resource if you trade your only one.

eg. if you only have 1 horse resource and trade it away you will no longer be able to build horse units (Knight, Cavalry etc)

Gamesmaster is right about resource trading.

As for techs, you keep the tech even when you trade/gift it. No worries there.

Well dang, that's going to make a BIG differance in my trading from now on!

Your corn will not show in some AI screens if either
you don't have a trade route
or the AI also has corn

If you have more luxury and/or health resourses than you need to keep more happy/healthy faces than angry/sick faces, sould you use these additional resourses for trade(gold per turn)? In other words, is their any benefit in having happy/angry ratios which exceed an even balance of happy faces to angry faces? If not, sould they be traded for gold per turn? Or as gifts to improve diplomatic relationships?

Reply to Marshall: You really have to decide based on your situation. If there is much unhappiness in your cities, you could trade for happiness resources. If your cities have bad health, you might want to trade for health resources. If your balance is low and your income is printed in red, you could trade for gold.

I don't think you can get too much happines/health until in the late game. In the early-to-mid game, cities usually grow to their full potential. And it's always good to have a buffer zone, since cities do tend to grow.

Does trading resources bring something other than that resource (if you get silver in trade, does this trading generate come money/comerce for you, or you only gain one hapines?)

correct me if I'm wrong (probably am!), but I was under the impression that on the diplo screen where you can see hwat is available for trade with another civ, I though it only showed your EXTRA resources, as in the ones that are unused??

If not then I've been making a big mistake trading everything away!!!!!! :eek:

Cheers
Biffa

Biffa said:
correct me if I'm wrong (probably am!), but I was under the impression that on the diplo screen where you can see hwat is available for trade with another civ, I though it only showed your EXTRA resources, as in the ones that are unused??

If not then I've been making a big mistake trading everything away!!!!!! :eek:

Cheers
Biffa

You are indeed wrong. In general, you only want to trade away the resources that have a number larger than 1 next to them (you have more than 1 of them). Sometimes you will want to trade a resource that you only have 1 of, but it doesn't happen often.

Yeah, if it says horse (1) that means you only have access to one instance of that resource, and if you trade it, you'll no longer be able to take advantage of it.

The AI has a habit of asking you for your last supply of more strategic resources (horse, iron, etc)...I'm slowly learning to look before I accept an otherwise fair trade.

Top Bottom