Tradeble Units?

And what if it´s an army/leader?

I think that te unit needs to be one that COULD be made normally- e.g. the Crusader COULD be a tradable unit.

I think, though, that you don't need to have the ability to build the unit. (So if you had a UU that replaces the worker, you could trade it back).

@Shiro: For your mod, why don't you have it so the "captured unit" (called a slave or something) can be traded? Seems more likely that civs would rather have their origional workers back, too.

Is this something that is still decided by the unit list, or is it now defined in General Settings under captured unit?

So, for example, if I had multiple unit worker types, how would the game decide which unit is traded?

Also what if my second unit is not a worker?

So if it's an Enslaved Worker, how does the game change it to a worker when you trade it back to the original civ? Does it go off starter units?

Edit: Nevermind. I just realized Enslaved Workers are handled through Units and not through General Settings.

I don't recall why we once thought it was the second unit (maybe that changed with C3C?) but yes, the "Captured Unit" will be tradeable, besides being what captured population points - cities, settlers, workers - are converted into. The art assets for "Enslaved Worker" are indicated by the _SLAVE suffix in PediaIcons.txt, but to answer your question the enslaved unit is just a Worker in terms of game logic, so even if you capture a Settler which becomes 2 enslaved Workers and trade them back to their original owner, they become regular Workers.

Also holy craps you guys, I now get alerts for threads that I posted in a literal decade ago

Top Bottom