Traded Cities in a Peace Deal

palius

Chieftain
Played a game where Cas III was taking over the continent and he started to go after me so naturally I fought back (his winged Hussars are a &*%#@).

When I took over a city the pop up window would tell me I pillaged x :c5gold: but would also tell me if I plundered a great work. I could view the city first (if necessary) to decide what to do with it. It was great to be able to raze a city and while it was burning to the ground I could shift out the great work.

Cas finally realised that he was beat and offered a peace deal that gave me 4 cities. The pop up window asks me what I want to do with them (Liberate, Annex, Puppet or Raze) but I have no idea what is in the city and I didn't want to give away any works that may have been in them, if any.

So, did I miss something that would allow me to view the city first?

And what happens to a great work if it is in a city that is razed (ie. does it automatically shift to another slot)?

Moderator Action: Please do not try to evade the autocensor. Post edited to make language conform with forum rules.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I believe there is an overlook by the devs regarding this.. as you say, you were given an option of Liberating the city, and that menu in particular only allows FOUR options at a time, meaning that View City was bumped.

Top Bottom