Traders over both land and sea?

atomfenrir

Chieftain
I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but has anyone seen (and can verify?) that traders automatically embark ala CivBE/RT? I believe this is what I have seen in Marbozir's Greece...

yes, both traders and builders are amphibious

Land routes can be extended by passing through a trading post en-route. Can sea routes start from an inland city and disembark at a coastal city/harbor in range, then continue on water?

Sea trade have long reach. I think land based trade can reach 15 tiles while sea based trade can reach 30 tiles. Now I do not know how switching work. I would assume that a sea trade route need to stop in a city with a trading post before it can start travel inland and the same with a land based route turing into a sea based route.

Trade post are created in a city after a trade route to that city have been completed.

Each time a trade route stop by in a trade post its supplies are restocked so it can travel an additional 15/30 tiles and if the trade post is in a foreign city the value of the trade route increase by +1 gold.

So if you are doing oversea trade you may first have to set up a trade post in a costal located city (one with harbour) and then you can start to send trade routes inland from that city you have established a trade post in.

You can create very long trade routes if you have a network of trade posts and these trade routes tend to be worth alot of gold because each foreign city with a trade post the trade route enters increase the value by 1 gold.

Last edited:
You can create very long trade routes if you have a network of trade posts and these trade routes tend to be worth alot of gold because each foreign city with a trade post the trade route enters increase the value by 1 gold.

Sounds like islands off the coast or in the middle of the ocean will have the opportunity to become a mid-way point to allow trade routes to extend to the other side of the map. The question becomes how to plan the cities to force a longer trade route...Those polar tiles with only a fish or two could also be a mid-way point, I guess.

Top Bottom