Traders suddenly not working

Rob Evans

Chieftain
For some reason I can no longer send any of my traders to any city. I have to keep skipping turns on about 6 traders because they can't do anything anymore except change their home city. Anyone else experienced this?

Basically you can have as many traders as trade routes you can create. If you have 3 commercial hub or harbor, you can create 3 trade routes and can create 3 traders.

Well, after you have 3 traders, if you lost a city with a commercial hub or harbor (or change politics), you can not command traders until regularizing the number of traders with the number of commercial routes.

Sorry for my bad english.

This also happens if you switch governments from Merchant Republic (which provides +2 trade route capacity) or cease to be Suzerain of Carthage (which provides +1 trade route capacity for each encampment you have). When that happens, your existing trade routes will continue until they expire in the ordinary course, but they cannot be renewed -- all you can do is put the excess trade units to sleep and wake them up and put them to work when you get more trade route capacity.

Sorry to necro this thread, but I'll just add to this in case there's done passer-bys:
- along with what Browd posted, you could also have gotten a +1 trade route from winning the World Congress "Trade Policy" resolution

"Trade Routes sent to the chosen player provide +4 Gold to the sender. The chosen player receives +1 Trade Route capacity."

Top Bottom