1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

trading cities between allies

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by Squidmaster, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Squidmaster

Squidmaster Chieftain

I would like to know more about how city trading works. This topic was recently broached during a cooperative game that included someone playing Spain. It occurred to me that it could be extremely useful for another civilization to found the city near a natural wonder and then traded to the Spanish player. Of course, this also raised a few questions.

• do social policy costs get adjusted down once the city is traded away?
    • do buildings get transferred?
    • if a player who founds the city originally is using the tradition path, does the traded city potentially use up the free buildings one gains with that policy tree?
    • are there any other caveats we should be aware of before giving this a try?

Thanks for your help!

2. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Chieftain

Policy costs never go down, but you can replace the city without taking another hit.

3. Squidmaster

Squidmaster Chieftain

That's interesting. To the policies go up appropriately for the recipient of the city being traded? I'm also still curious about some of those other items, if anyone has answers.