Trading Exploit Bugs

Does this exact issue happen in your game too?

• Yes

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Kazimierz Wielk

Chieftain
Whenever trading with the AI, I can always get a great deal by offering luxuries and some gold and gold per turn. I then click the "make this deal more equitable" button to get a new offer. If I remove the lump-sum gold and hit the button again, it drops the gold per turn to 1 or even removes all the gold options and then makes it acceptable to the AI, sometimes to the extent that I am giving one resource for 3 of the AI's. The final deal is much less than they were initially unprepared to accept.

Attachments

• a.Civ6Save
    4.4 MB · Views: 119
Please merge this with the appropriate thread if one exists, I couldn't find something exactly on this from a search.

Let's say I ask Peter for Wine (He has 1 copy) and click "Make this deal more equitable" (I'll just call it "Equate" button from now on), he suggests 9 Gold and 36 GPT.

If I lower the GPT to 35 GPT and click Equate, he now suggests only 1 GPT (and no lump sum gold anymore).

If I delete everything and try the deal again, he again suggests 9 Gold and 36 GPT.

Now, if I lower the GPT to 34 and click Equate, he now suggests only 2 GPT.

and so on.

Basically there is a "fair value" GPT for Peter, here it is 36. If you offer anything less than that and click "Make the deal more equitable", the AI will counter with simply the difference of the "fair value" and what you had offered.

I have attached my save file.

Attachments

• GILGAMESH 106 250 BC.Civ6Save
    2.1 MB · Views: 70
Subjectively there is certainly something wrong. I too have been playing with it informally and there does seem to be a large hole through which the AI Civ quickly falls through if you game it so.

What I wouldn't mind is seeing something like this:

AI Civ makes a trade offer. Let's say they offer a meager amount of gold for one of my surplus luxuries; clearly in their favor.

I 'counter' by suggesting an equitable surplus luxury for surplus luxury.

At this point the AI takes a longer look at who they are dealing with. If I am 'friendly' they are less likely to blow me off and we can come to something pretty equal; maybe a few coins from me and the surplus for surplus deal. If I am 'unfriendly' they keep snubbing me unless I'm willing to go way overboard in their direction.

This also could be tempered by a look at who is ahead of who militarily or culturally.

Hey all, so not posting a save file, because this works always.

Once you are able to trade for open borders with an AI. Do the following..
> Open a Trade with AI
> Add open boarders
> Ask what they will give (typically a low GPT or low cash amount)
> Add all the gold they have and all GPT available *they will appear to not like the deal*
> Click on what would make this fair
> Now the tables have flipped, he is giving open boarders (usually, sometimes a resource) and is asking for a ton of gold/resources/boarders from you.
> Remove Open boarders from his trade
> Click to ask what he will give back.

That's it! At this point you are giving up open boarders for nearly everything that they own! Most of the time its high GPT and Cash, but later in the game the AI's tend to give resources as well if they have them available.

This probably should be fixed, as you can exploit it with all the civ's you meet to get an insane early game cash flow.

So I have noticed that if I play around with an AI initiated trade long enough interesting things happen. Some AI seem to discount GPT demands by half, other AI get offended and price hike obscenely instead.

In this screenshot Gilgamesh originally asked for some of his five spies back. :borg: So I started seeing how many great works and relics I could get off him for it to block his culture win attempt.

Originally he wanted >200GPT for me to straight up buy this relic from him. I eventually got HIM to offer me open borders in exchange for this relic. That is most definitely an exploit/bug that needs to be fixed.

This all transpired within the single original trade offer the AI sent to me.

v1.0.0.26

Edit: Looks like my post got spliced into this thread. Hopefully this makes it into the first patch

Attachments

• 20161031033357_1.jpg
    20161031033357_1.jpg
    695.6 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Start a trade with any civ, add one luxury resource and all the cash you have and click on "make this deal more equitable". Civ gives you all their gold input they have (if you have enough money) and removes your gold from the deal. So you end up for example selling 1 whatever to a civ which already has it for let's say 60gpt, while without this approach the civ would want it as a gift or for 1gpt.

If you give too much money that they can't balance with gpt they reject the deal.

So I tried to buy luxuries from another civ. Selected their resorce and clicked 'Make this deal...' Asked me for 22 gold and 30 gold per turn. Changed 30 GPT to 29 GPT and tried 'Make this deal...' again. Offered me a 1 gold and 1 GPT price.

Tried it again with the other civs and worked every time.
Played on settler difficulty.

Someone should probably change that.

Top Bottom