Trading last copy of a resource

klail

Chieftain
I notice that when I try to trade a luxury resource with an AI that the trade says it goes though but that it silently fails unless I have more than 1 of the luxury -- it won't let me trade my "last luxury".

Seems to be the same for strategic resources -- i.e., I can trade my 2nd to last paper but not my last paper.

If this is by design then it should probably complain that you cannot make the trade rather than making it look like the AI accepted it.

I'm kind of wondering about this too. I traded for some silver to appease a CS, and it took me like 2 tries before I realized it wasn't actually going through. Though in my case, it was the AI's last copy of silver. I was trying to trade extras.

I have a similar problem but I have 5 gold resources and can not trade them. Ive had the Celts ask me almost every turn for gold, I accept the deal but nothing happens. I try to trade with the only two civs I can (Celts, Victoria), they accept nothing happens.

In my case, it was because the other Civs actually already have/no longer have those luxury resources, yet the game displayed the wrong information on them. Thus, when you want to trade them another copy of it, it was annuled.

I had a game where my City desperately needs Gems for WLTKD, and Korea had 2. Playing as Indonesia, I tried swapping those gems with my CLoves and Peppers, yet no avail. I check my trade history, only to find that I had already given them a copies of Cloves and Peppers turns earlier, so theres no need for them to receive those two luxury anymore.

I opted to settle it by buying those Gems with my money instead, and unsurprisingly, the transaction was accepted.

Another example would come when India asks me for a peace deal. Gandhi is willing to give me cash money, GPT, one of his Cities, and their only copy of Incense. I accepted, not knowing that I already had Incense from one of my City States Allies. The game went on with War continuing, and 2 of my units were killed. I reload the game and pursue the same Peace Deal, minus the Incense, and the Peace was declared.
Spoiler :

Then I sent my cargo ships and Great Musician to India, and win by CUltural Victory (Really, that War is the only thing that held me back from winning, as I cant get high enough tourism with Mr. Gandhi during War)

So this is a persistent and accepted issue to which there is no solution?

No, it is a bug and it should have been fixed in the latest version. Are you using the latest version? And are you using the single player VP or the ModPack? If the bug is still there, then please report to GitHub.

I was using the voxpopuli version august 8-9 hotfix. Ive since cleared cache and installed the latest version so I've no log files and no idea if the bug is still there with the latest version.
Other mods installed: Really advanced set up, Calypsos coloured religions basic, and both extensions) & Info addict.

This is the save file.
http://www.megafileupload.com/o7vO/Pocatello_0310_AD-1450.Civ5Save

Btw Gazebo, this is the first time Ive used the CBP and must say it's feckn awesome. Cheers :)

Ok, did that. Found a new issue with the latest version. Asking for DOF option remains even though DOF already active. Posted to github too.
Cheers.

Top Bottom