Trading Posts...

Because it's a trading post, not a town. It's a business place, that's why it generates gold.

Doesn't it strike you as kind of...stupid? that your entire countryside is covered with these business places? Which I guess are just chillin out in the middle of nowhere? On top of looking terrible.

it's a bunch of tents, it's exactly what a primitive trading post would look like. you do know units and buildings aren't to scale, right?

That's not the point. Markets are already in the game, it's a building you build in a city where markets belong. Trading posts littered throughout the countryside as they're depicted in Civ5 do not exist, there's no equivalent in the real world and never was. To make it worse the graphics are ugly and makes the countryside look way too busy. I can even live with the tents, it's the modern trading post that is the real eyesore. Even on the highest settings they look blured and washed down. I can't wait for the first mod to get rid of these things.

They should produce more gold, i don't mind them when there is one or 2 of them, but it gets annoying when I have to plaster the entire countryside with them so i can pay for my army. The countryside looks so beautiful when you have rolling hills, forests and farms.... then you have 5 trading posts (more like gypsy posts) around evrey town to pay for evreything...

The mod that changes the name and graphics of these things is surely just around the corner. Hopefully.

Yeah they're not aesthetically pleasing for me... Waiting for a simple mod that changes the looks and name of that evil thing... :shifty:

Something like randomly an RPG like tavern or little village on the road kinda thing you know, it would fit. Could turn into a little... um... settlement with a gas station or Dinner something or just little town or just a gas station in modern era... it would fit. :shifty:

Please tell me you agree! :cry: It would fit! :cry:

No offence but they look like ghettos or concentration camps from WW2 .There is NOTHING even remotly related to the market as a centre of trade and commerce and the coresponding graphics.

Maybe maaybe in the medival era but still.Renaming it to a village and actually adding a civ related texture is the ONLY way for the those abominations to blend in with the overall great map look and design.

So in short :

1)Make them look like villages not circus tents/ghettos/concentration camps from WW2 .
2)Give them the farm treetment.As in when you place few markets next to eachother they can form some form of settlement or atleast have more unified look just like farms tiles change to blend with eachother.
3)Every architecture style should have its own texture for markets.

I agree with the OP. Theyre just sooooo uglyyyyyy....

Someone please mod it :)

Or better, Firaxis, redraw them.

I'd rather they fix the river graphics first.

Top Bottom