Trading Technology

Akleoni

Chieftain
What are the requirements for the AI to be able to trade technologiees?

I'm playing with the Maya I can see that Morocco can offer technologies while England can't, and I can offer technologies to the aztecs and the incas.

is there any prerequisites for them to be available, because it can't be that england doesn't have a technology i don't have

Technology trading requires trade connection in Dawn of Civilization. Trade connection across oceans requires Optics if I recall correctly. One of the trading civs having the tech is enough.

Trade connection also requires route one of the other civ's cities to be mapped, so if neither you or England have discovered each others lands no connection.

Also the technology which should be traded must have been acquired through research or trade (not espionage).

They can sell technolgies now, but it seems like like they are pretty expensive and there's no amount of money I have that would make them sell it to me.

Except when i have i have a technology researched at 80% and they would give the remaining 20 % for 200 gold :).

Also the technology which should be traded must have been acquired through research or trade (not espionage).

Isn't it a default rule that you can't trade (one way or the other) a tech that was aquired by trade itself as well?

Isn't it a default rule that you can't trade (one way or the other) a tech that was aquired by trade itself as well?
If you mean default as "is this turned on by default in vanilla", I'm 95% sure the answer is no, you can tech broker in vanilla by default, but you can turn it off at game start.

Top Bottom