Trading with AI

Totibbs

Warlord
Can someone tell me some things Ive to know about trading with AI?

I had the Apos-Palace (the early UN wonder) so I thought it was a good idea to give some techs away to have the AI vote for me. But I guess that was not smart because I was the only one with Buddism as State Religion. Others had other religions. Some shared one.

Speaking of sharing, how hard is it to convert the AI to your State Religion in trading? Most of the times I do not have even the option to ask AI what it wants for the convertion.

Other short question, I do sometimes the message that: "<city> can no longer work on <wonder>. The hammers convert to gold."

It is a nice way to get rich, but the reason the city can no longer work is because the AI is faster with completion, right?

Have a nice play.

I had the Apos-Palace (the early UN wonder) so I thought it was a good idea to give some techs away to have the AI vote for me. But I guess that was not smart because I was the only one with Buddism as State Religion. Others had other religions. Some shared one.
The way the AP works is this: Every city with the religion of the AP gets a vote equal to thier pop. So if your opponent has two 5 pop cities with Buddihism, then he gets 10 votes. Sometimes you have enough votes to always win the AP votes yourself. Every time you bring up a vote, they get the Yes/No/Never options. If they vote yes or no, they have go along with the results of the vote, this is a good way to end wars against yourself. If they vote never, they defy teh resolution, but they get 5:mad: for each city that has Buddihism.

Speaking of sharing, how hard is it to convert the AI to your State Religion in trading? Most of the times I do not have even the option to ask AI what it wants for the convertion.

Generally, they won't switch unless the new religion is at least as common in thier civ as the old one. If they like you enough, you can get them to switch with just one city. Sometimes if you spread your religion to all thier cities, you can ask them to switch as a favor.

Other short question, I do sometimes the message that: "<city> can no longer work on <wonder>. The hammers convert to gold."

It is a nice way to get rich, but the reason the city can no longer work is because the AI is faster with completion, right?

Yes, you should have saw the "wonder is built in a far away land" or whatever last turn.

As for working with AI civs in order to try to get a diplomatic victory from the A-Palace, I've never had much luck in trying to get them to convert once they have their own state religions. However, they really don't need to convert. All you have to do is get at least one city in each other civ that has your A-Palace religion, and that civ will get a vote. So use missionaries to spread your religion. Usually pretty easy with open borders. (And if the AI civ is running theocracy and you can't spread your religion using your missionary, then move the missionary unit into its territory and "gift" it to that civ--the AI will then spread the religion for you!)

Top Bottom