1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Tradition - StateCraft - Industry into Culture Victory

Discussion in 'Strategy Section' started by Minh Le, Nov 26, 2018.

1. CrazyG

CrazyG Warlord

On the note of this topic, golden ages are really easy to get right now. The fact that statecraft isn't beating artistry when taking divine inheritance is what stands out to me. Right now permanent golden age is very achievable.

Related to great people and golden ages, I think iconography is too strong.

I somewhat agree but I haven't said anything because so many people (including you) seemed to love it so much.
    I really, really want to quote all those posts from my photjournals where you told that Fealty was clearly a better choice than what I made, but I won't.

2. CppMaster

CppMaster Chieftain

Ok, so your choices are for covering weaknesses, not synergy. I pretty much always go for synergy, but I play Emperor, so I can get a way with that :p

Minh Le likes this.
  3. Minh Le

Minh Le Chieftain

I didnt propose WF because I dont have the hammers to win it. I only had 4 cities while Aztec had like 20 :crazyeye:. I just propose something that would weaken my enemies, and a bunch of sphere of influence with cs around me.

4. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Yep, its too strong imo.

5. Owlbebach

Owlbebach Warlord

I apologize for that. As i previously said - i like to argue, but i am always happy to agree that i was wrong. Honestly i forget about many changes that were made to fealty. Last time i said that i thought that finisher is +3 of all yields (it i +2 and not all) and i thought that Castles give +10% food (they give +3). Analyzing my current game i can say that Fealty just give LESS of EVERYTHING except 5 food and defense - which at this point seems like a joke.

6. Minh Le

Minh Le Chieftain

For super wide empire fealty gives a lot of happiness thou. I think fealty is very strong for conquest but it doesnt give much for peaceful play.
    It also depends on which civ Im playing and whats the situation around. I like trying new things and I like to share it when I find something interesting :D.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  7. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

If there are balance concerns, please take them to the respective threads. We should discuss these small tweaks sooner than later, as I’d like to lock down as many facets of the mod before the new year to get to gold status. Things like GAs, Fealty etc.

G

8. tu_79

tu_79 Warlord

This time, try to change just numbers.
    Thanks.

9. Owlbebach

Owlbebach Warlord

Does it though? I'm actually not sure about that. Maybe it is better to get Artistry and simply get Imperialism 50 turns earlier? What do you get for argessive play with Fealty? 100% production to Armories and Castles and +5 defense? IMO thats more about defensive game - you don't need defense if you are the attacker!

10. Minh Le

Minh Le Chieftain

Fealty gives a lot of happiness, I used to play games where I'd have 40 or 50 cities and happiness was a real challenge. In this case fealty helps a lot. Its also good for some aggressive religious civs like Aztec or Byzantium...

11. CrazyG

CrazyG Warlord

It gives a lot of food, at the end its more than a hanging gardens in every city.
    Faster armories and castles is useful sometimes. Rushing Dojo as Japan? It's really useful here.
    It gives a ton of faith.

Its not totally useless by any means, and its not 50 turns behind in culture.

chicorbeef likes this.
  12. crdvis16

crdvis16 Chieftain

Double border growth during WLTKD from fealty's burghers combos nicely with Tribute from authority, so authority->fealty has that going for it.

13. Bromar1

Bromar1 Chieftain

Is there ever a situation where Tradition into Fealty is viable? Fealty went from this great all around tree to a very niche one that is only optimal when you go super wide or heavy religious

14. Minh Le

Minh Le Chieftain

You never know unless you try :)

15. Bromar1

Bromar1 Chieftain

The only good combo I've had success with is Byzantium. Just wondering if anyone else has had good results

16. crdvis16

crdvis16 Chieftain

I could see Tradition into Fealty as India, especially if angling for a science victory so rationalism next.

17. Minh Le

Minh Le Chieftain

I havent tried this, maybe its gonna be interesting.

18. Bromar1

Bromar1 Chieftain

India gets no benefit from -25% missionaries cost. I guess it could be alright if you went double religious buildings.
    You should do a tradition-> fealty game for your next photojournal! I'd love to see how you make it work

19. crdvis16

crdvis16 Chieftain

There are good reasons to go double religious buildings with India. India doesn't have much to spend their faith on prior to the renaissance (since they can't missionary spam) so unless you want to spawn a bunch of early prophets you could choose to go double religious buildings (plus the extra one from fealty) and invest all that early faith into those buildings. The nice thing about going that route is that the buildings eventually pay for themselves faith-wise so you can end up with just as many prophets in the long run anyway, not to mention the increased pressure, yields, and special bonuses from those buildings.

20. tu_79

tu_79 Warlord

Bromar1 likes this.