Trailblazer Zeppelin

saamohod

Deity
It makes little sense that an airship retains scout's promotion of double speeds in forests and deserts. I guess it's pretty clear that it's an air unit and it doesn't care what terrain is underneath it, be it grassland, snow or jungle. Having forest down below shouldn't make your speed double.

Can it be changed (zeppelin loses trailblazer promotion upon being upgraded from explorer)?

Should it be changed?

It makes little sense that an airship retains scout's promotion of double speeds in forests and deserts. I guess it's pretty clear that it's an air unit and it doesn't care what terrain is underneath it, be it grassland, snow or jungle. Having forest down below shouldn't make your speed double.

Can it be changed (zeppelin loses trailblazer promotion upon being upgraded from explorer)?

Should it be changed?
Zeppelins upgrade into paratroopers who do have a use for those promotions.

Zeppelins are so slow! I try not to upgrade explorers until paratroopers are available, although they do get very squishy,

The simplest (and imo best) solution would be to replace the terrain-based bonuses of trailblazer 1 & 2 with a simple +1 movement for each. Then the zeppelin would benefit equally from that. That would also remove the silliness of a scout moving faster through forest than open grassland. But I think that matter has been discussed over and over again in the past and reached the final conclusion of keeping the promotions as they are. So that's that I guess.

Top Bottom