Training Day Game

Lboogie13

Warlord
I am Warlord Level Player and looking for a veteran "expert" to start a training day game for Conquests. I looked through the threads but don't see any new succession games.

I am up for anything and trying to move up to a higher level.

welcome!

i would recommend reading a thread or two first. you will gain a ton of knowledge that will help get you out of the warlord level.

tupaclives long time no see! Yes you are right but I haven't played much since. Yes Takeo I did want to start up a game. I realize I shouldn't have left such a vague invitation.

I was thinking of a large map, ancient or medieval era wtih tech tree limited to that time period. I wanted to work on the beginnings of an empire. I seem to start off too slowly.

I was thinking of a large map, ancient or medieval era wtih tech tree limited to that time period. I wanted to work on the beginnings of an empire. I seem to start off too slowly.

So, you don't want the game to go past the middle age? To get better at the early ages?

Back when I was looking for my first deity win, I found I improved my starts a lot by reading the games in the 'Legendary Games' archive, the SG's all are detailed reports on what was done, and were opening played by the great civ players of yesteryear, those games are a huge help toward improving all aspects of play from openings, to trading, to strategies that can be applied at various points throughout games. The games I would recommend you read are
Sid Vicious and the Magnificent 7+1 (even if its the only one, its a terrific read as well)
Defiant Chinese Nationalists
Scouting Sid

these three games were the big ones that helped me. It's a bit trickier to find but Goz's (Goz6 iirc) 'Silence is Golden' game is also a terrific game to learn from.

Top Bottom