[RD] Trans people in sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arakhor

Dremora Courtier
Super Moderator
Supporter
upload_2022-6-21_2-37-30.png

Of course, the same people who supported this measure are likely to be very similar people who those who refuse to allow children to transition in the first place.

It's not on any island, given that it's the capital of a landlocked country in which LGBT rights are being massively curtailed, but I'm sure you'll provide the reasoning for that comment.

Of course, the same people who supported this measure are likely to be very similar people who those who refuse to allow children to transition in the first place.

It's intentionally done this way, they refuse access to puberty blockers AND limit trans women's participation.

This is ideologically motivated by sheer disdain for us

Wow an article from 2019, 3 years ago

Well now this is a bit more recent:

Transgender players banned from international rugby league

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/61875651

The Associated Press bureau that reported on the story must have been in Budapest. FINA is in Lausanne, Switzerland and its president is Kuwaiti.

The BBC report is a little clearer:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/swimming/61853450

The decision was made during an extraordinary general congress at the ongoing World Championships in Budapest.

My bolding.

Dame Kelly Holmes, one of the UK's most successful Olympians, has come out as gay. She was in the Army back when you could still be court-martialled for being queer, which shows how fast some (but definitely not all) attitudes have changed in a relatively short period of time.

Interestingly holmes is also anti trans

Trans people in sport is a difficult issue, sadly. There are no easy answers (and several wrong ones).

Trans people in sport is a difficult issue, sadly. There are no easy answers (and several wrong ones).

Gay people around straight people is a difficult issue there are no easy answers :hug:

Not trying to be personal, could you just respect straight people's rights and fairness to not be within a number of miles of a non straight person by purposefully excluding yourself from aspects of society, ta

Tell, me, how exactly does homosexuality affect your sport performance?

Oh well, better effectively ban ALL trans people from competing in sports, got it :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

I wonder how this ban will impact upon the perception of trans people, particularly trans women, as this inherently harmful, invasive species trying to damage women's sports

A "Civilized discussion" about my rights and my existence whilst describing us solely in relation to our genitals and the toilet issue

I hazard a guess that if it were you on the other side of it @Sarin you might not be so nonchalant about it

A "Civilized discussion" about my rights and my existence whilst describing us solely in relation to our genitals and the toilet issue

I hazard a guess that if it were you on the other side of it @Sarin you might not be so nonchalant about it

You try to paint every disagreement as direct existential threat to you. But that's not the case. I really don't care about what you have in your pants, how it got there and how you feel about that and all those associated matters. That's your personal business and you're welcome to attend to it as you please. That's not a subject for discussion.

But we live in society with other people, and sometimes, your behaviour and rights interact with them. That's the case in sports, public toilets and many other topics. A big part of civilized behaviour is taking other people into account and trying to find a compromise that would be acceptable to everyone involved. And you don't act that way. You're all about what YOU want, what YOU think you deserve and don't take other people into account, and when someone brings up a slightly different point of view, you act with hostility instead of trying to lead a civilized discussion.

You try to paint every disagreement as direct existential threat to you. But that's not the case. I really don't care about what you have in your pants, how it got there and how you feel about that and all those associated matters. That's your personal business and you're welcome to attend to it as you please. That's not a subject for discussion.

But we live in society with other people, and sometimes, your behaviour and rights interact with them. That's the case in sports, public toilets and many other topics. A big part of civilized behaviour is taking other people into account and trying to find a compromise that would be acceptable to everyone involved. And you don't act that way. You're all about what YOU want, what YOU think you deserve and don't take other people into account, and when someone brings up a slightly different point of view, you act with hostility instead of trying to lead a civilized discussion.

Your opening gambit in this thread was to joke about the genitals of a trans woman lmao, you think i buy this faux concern of yours for "Civilized discussion" how about i discuss your genitals? You think that's appropriate, you think that's acceptable?

Your ability to access and interact in and with public spaces, something that no doubt you don't even have to worry about, but i and other trans people DO.

To you it's a discussion you can flit in and out of on a whim, but to me it's real life and you don't like that this is going to provoke very strong responses from trans people, if you can't handle this how can you expect to handle actually undergoing this horsehocky

Your opening gambit in this thread was to joke about the genitals of a trans woman lmao, you think i buy this faux concern of yours for "Civilized discussion" how about i discuss your genitals? You think that's appropriate, you think that's acceptable?

Your ability to access and interact in and with public spaces, something that no doubt you don't even have to worry about, but i and other trans people DO.

To you it's a discussion you can flit in and out of on a whim, but to me it's real life and you don't like that this is going to provoke very strong responses from trans people, if you can't handle this how can you expect to handle actually undergoing this ****

I just looked it up because I didn’t remember. It was reference to a joke Caitlyn Jenner made about herself.

To you it's a discussion you can flit in and out of on a whim, but to me it's real life and you don't like that this is going to provoke very strong responses from trans people, if you can't handle this how can you expect to handle actually undergoing this ****

Civilized discussion doesn't exclude jokes. Humour is often the beginning of critical thinking, and critical thinking leads to considering other points of view and improvement.

Other people have real life too, and in it, they interact with your real life. Try to mind them a bit.

Civilized discussion doesn't exclude jokes. Humour is often the beginning of critical thinking, and critical thinking leads to considering other points of view and improvement.

Other people have real life too, and in it, they interact with your real life. Try to mind them a bit.

You ever been dragged out of a toilet and had your head stomped on

What about getting jumped by a couple of guys and let for ****ing dead, because of who and what you are?

This isn't a joke to me this is real life with real consequences, nothing you're saying will lead to an improvement in my life or the lives of other trans people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom