[RD] Trans people in sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because divergence within the women group is the agreed constraint of the completion. Without rules as such it is not fair or competitive.

There are plenty of situations where divergence is limited and removed for the fairness of the sport.
agreed by whom?

i think all you've done by saying this is accidentally admit how arbitrary the rules are

This is where the obsessive focus on biological sex is leading to, the discrimination of trans people in other aspects of life beyond life, we warned you.

I mean on one level this is of course just kinda hideous cruelty but on another level it's just ridiculously funny that they are doing this, and that they actually believe that they're not the ones who are, like, completely f****d in the head.

Genital checks for kids... this is where this is all heading and it's not just going to be for sports; if sports is important enough to justify this unhinged behaviour, it's going to be used to in other aspects of life, so those defending this in sports better start getting their excuses ready for why it's acceptable outside of it, because it's happening and their hands are not clean; we see it in America, we see the same rhetoric being used in britain.

What amazes me is that those defending these anti-trans policies by invoking biology are essentially leaving a loaded gun infront of transphobes to use against trans people whilst they walk away, naively thinking their hands are clean.

If you defend these arguments you better be prepared to see them used in other areas beyond sport and none of you, not a single one of those people defending this irt sports likes that, but you can't get away from it. It's happening, so get your excuses ready and go and tell us all why it's acceptable only in sports but that you somehow draw the line when it's used in other areas and how sorry you are now that it's being used to harm trans people

Or don't, because maybe that's the intention of these people and they know better than to acknowledge that.

Last edited:
Yet here we are debating it. It feels like you're 'checking out' when the answer doesn't suit your position.
And yet I tried to give you the best answer I could, that you didn't quote and didn't reply to. It doesn't seem like I'm the one checking out over an answer I don't like :)

i think all you've done by saying this is accidentally admit how arbitrary the rules are

No, that's just how 'Sports' work. Without the rules there's nothing. The opposite of arbitrary.

Moderator Action: This is ostensibly a thread about sports, not about elections. If there is nothing left to discuss about trans participation in sports, do not feel compelled to continue posting.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

No, that's just how 'Sports' work. Without the rules there's nothing. The opposite of arbitrary.
Someone pointing out that the rules are arbitrary (if not by design then for sure by implementation / in their rulings), does not mean they therefore want no rules. This is a bait and switch you (and others) have tried to pull a number of times at this point.

Maybe it's time to choose a different label then...

Proposal: Nobody gets to make any posts about trans people in sports unless that person actually play sports.

Nobody gets to make posts about changing women's sports unless they're a woman.
(Remember that some of us are parents, so some of this is because we have kids in sports, despite not playing ourselves)

'Transgender players have been blocked from competing in women’s rugby in union and league. Both codes have amended regulations to permit only players assigned female at birth to compete in women’s matches.'

Pure bigotry on their part, utter cowardice.

I'm seeing people claim there's actually less than 10 trans women playing professionally, how is this proportionate?

It's nothing more than a witch-hunt

Last edited:
Moderator Action: This thread has been going round and round rehashing the same same for quite some time. It has had seriously good contributions from folks that have improved both the understanding of trans folks and the issues about sports from multiple perspectives. Having said that I am going to close the thread for now to give everyone a break from the issue. If we get new news on the topic or some other important change, we will go ahead and open a new thread to follow up on that new launch point. Thank you all for your participation and contributions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom