1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Transferring game saves and Hall Of Fame to new computer

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by Calder, May 6, 2009.

1. Calder

Calder Warlord

I've just bought a new computer, and am succesfully playing BTS better and faster than ever before. My old computer is being salvaged for parts/disposed of by the guy who built it for me some years ago.
    My question is, I have asked for my some files to be emailed to me so I can continue a game I was playing, and hopefully restore my Hall Of Fame. For this I have asked him to send me the 6 Auto Saves which includes the initial BC-4000 save, and the 'Replays' Folder for the Hall Of Fame. Is there any unforseen problems that may occur before I do this? I was running Windows XP on old comp, and my new one now has Vista. To get my Hall Of Fame back up and running, is there anything else I need apart from the Replays folder?

2. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

the replays folder is all you need for the HOF. And obviously having all saves helps resuming current games :mischief:

3. Calder

Calder Warlord

Thanks Ori, I now wait in anticipation with confidence for those saves.:)