1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Transit Island - Our Future Malta

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Citizens' started by Provolution, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

TRANSIT ISLAND - OUR FUTURE MALTA

Ever since the harbormasters managed to form the basis for the mighty Aretan Navy, it had looked for a purpose. And here she was, in the form of a beautiful desert island, south of the Viking Capital, Nidaros. King Cyc and King Civius both realized that defending Ghandi was of imminent importance, now that we wanted to spread Ibbisine Faith south, in the great global duel against evil Confucianism, a brethren religion to the wicked Taoism. Only the Aretan Navy, thanks to the Ancient Harbormasters, could handle the Viking Navy. We feared that the militarily inferior English would succumb to the strong Vikings, but we knew that a token force of superbly elite Aretan Marines would do the job.

I already prepared a Galleon with a settler and two riflemen marines to sail to Transit Island and build a strategic Kings Port. I hope I got the nobility and the people behind on this one, and of course the clergy, that want Ibbisine Faith to prevail.

Civius will add a map here.

2. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Your plan does sound good, Provolution, but this discussion thread would probably be a lot better in the Citizen's sub-forum. Can we get a Mod to move it?

3. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

Sure, move it.

4. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Settling a city is a gameplay decision is it not? However if you want to RP it then that will have to be done in the RPG. Wherever it ends up heres the screenie.

5. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

I approve of the settling of Transit Island.

6. civplayah

civplayah phantasm

Since island cities stink production-wise, how about building Moai statues in Transit Island? The only question is how? A possibility is that we could whip it once it has enough population.

7. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

[/LIST]
    I think it would be more of an Outpost.

8. Cyc

@ Lord Civius:

No, I did not intend to RP this issue. The Citizen's sub-forum is where I would put the thread, as it should be a citizen discussion, one in which all citizens would give input, if they so desired.

If an advisor to the King were to post this idea in their official thread and discuss the matter there, then this would be the correct sub-forum. But as Provo was posting as a citizen, not an official (he was just starting a discussion thread), then this would go in the Citizen's sub-forum. If a thread is started in the Citizen's sub-forum, it does not mean it is to be role-played. It is for all citizens to read and contribute to, whether they be RPGers or GPers. That's why it is the first sub-forum.

9. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Understood, I just figured since it was a gameplay issue that it should be discussed here. The RPing of it was aimed at Provo since it was his idea. Very well, who is our go to mod guy these days? I have quite a few requests to send his way.

10. Cyc

:dunno:

I'll give a shout out to DaveShack and see if he responds.

11. Furiey

Furiey No Longer Just Lurking

:confused: I've obviously missed something, I thought that the citizen's sub-forum was meant to roleplay and this (gameplay) was for gameplay discussions without RP, not just official govenment official threads as such. Are we going back to this as a government forum rather than straight gameplay?

12. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

I've sent Rik a PM and am awaiting a response. If Daveshack is still available then that would be great. I know he doesn't participate in the Game anymore but I see him around here and there.

13. Cyc

Well, Furiey, maybe I've missed something. We created the RPG sub-forum and moved all threads that resembled RPG structure there. What we left was a sub-forum full of issues and discussions brought up by the citizens.

The Citizen's sub-forum was becoming to cluttered with all the RPG based threads and postings, as well as ideas and issues our citizens (who may or may not be RPGers) wanted to post. By creating the RPG sub-forum we were able to make clear that the first sub-forum was for all citizens of our great nation. This is how it should be. We separate and categorize our people far too much as it is.

The Citizen's sub-forum should be for all citizen's and for any issue they wish to bring up.

14. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Good the shread got moved.

[/SPAM]