[Translation] LoR v0.9.8d Now in REAL French ! (Not a google translation)

dbkblk

Emperor
Hi there,
As i hate google translation and all of his non-senses, i took the decision to translate the mod!

I previously translated RevDCM into french (the translated version isn't out yet), and now i bring to you "Legends of Revolution" in FRENCH !

This translation contains all the main strings like units, techs, leader speechs, etc...
It took around 10-15h of my time.

I really hope phungus will integrate it to the next version of the mod (you can PM me if you have new strings to translate before to release the next version).

NB: The strategies and the civilopedia hasn't been translated. BUG neither have been (but i could make it soon).

...and here is the link to download it:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/369241/LoR v0.9.8d - French translation v1.0.7z

IF YOU FIND ERRORS OR NON-SENSES, PLEASE PM ME, thanks!

I'll take the credits for the french translation but... seriously, all the great work have been made by the multiple devs that increased this amazing game. So THANKS YOU DEVS :)

OOPS I ALMOST FORGOT: Un7zip the xml files to your \Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\LoR\Assets\XML\Text folder and erase the existing v0.9.8d files.

Thanks. I think you must have PMed the french translations to glider, as they are in the Todo list, but I cannot find them. It's much easier for me to work in the translations from the base mod first (in this case RevDCM), and then apply any differences to LoR that exist. So if you could upload the RevDCM translations, I'll make sure to get them into the SVN. Anyway your work will make it into LoR 0.9.9 once it is ready for release.

Eh Phungus and DbkDbk
Correct Phungus, I have them sitting on my desktop. Here they are attached in case I am run over by a bus.

Thanks DbkDbk. Yes, I share your enthusiasm for these great mods like LoR.
Cheers

Thanks a lot!
(Silly) question : shall we keep the program running in english?

edit for clarety : even with the xml french files I still have to select english in the option?

I'm okay for you to try to pick the french strings from RevDCM, BUT i have translated a few more strings about RevDCM into the LoR translation. So take care to not loose any translation into the merging.
Sorry about the difficulty inherent to the merging process.

You should know that i will also translate the BUG interface (the SVN, as EmperorFool indicated me) into French but i will not do it immediatly. This will complete the french civilization experience :)

I have to admit; since i have discovered LoR, i don't wait Civ V anymore ;)

Schnouki > Sorry, but i don't get what you mean :S

I have to admit; since i have discovered LoR, i don't wait Civ V anymore ;)

Yes exactly dbkblk. I guarantee you that no matter how good Civ5 is, eventually you will get sick of it and want a change no matter how big the initial rush is. We already have the game now! It is not Civ1-2-3-4, it is not Civ5, it is actually just Civilization.....the game. The game transforms and LoR and others are it's ongoing transformation. That is what the game does and it is doing it already now so thank you, the wait is over.

Cheers

Schnouki > Are you sure that you have replaced the correct files ?
EDIT: If i understand the problem: Yes, you have to select the french language.

Top Bottom