Translation / traduction / traducción / übersetzung / traduzione

Fabrysse

Charming-snake learner
Hello,
I create a new thread about translation.

Version 2.0 (Warlords) :
Translation has not yet begun... We'll perhaps begin when beta is ready...
For future translations, have a look here. It doesn't give exactly the final translation, but it could help us to go faster...

Version 1.6 (Civ4) :
I translated in French the "Second Revolution 1.6" MOD. Other people translated or actually translate it in other languages (files are here).
Actually available : English, French, Spanish and Italian.
I search other translators in other languages to enable people of many countries to discover this MOD.

I put messages on several forums :

If you need, I can help you to insert your texts in xml files...
Contact me.

You not put message to civfanatics.ru:(
Link to civru.com (written on the main page civfanatics.com) as Civilization Russia does not mean, that this site unique and/or the largest Civ-site in Russia

We can create the Russian translation for this mod compatible with created us "Russian Translation Pack" which is used with ~50 % of users of all Russian-speaking Civ forums

In mod Rhye's and Fall of Civilization v 1.19+ Russian translation is already added. It is compatible with Russian Translation Pack

If you were interested with my offer - write to E-Mail: swan<dog>civfanatics.ru

PS <dog> == @ (antispam)

swan said:
http://forum.civfanatics.ru/index.php?showforum=76 is official special forum of Russian Translation Pack and all for it (translation of mods, reporting of bugs in translations etc.)

:p I found the good one !!!
Well... I can't yet have a phone discussion in russian with you, but posting in the right forum is a beginning ! ;)

swan said:
Has looked text files of the mod. Approximately in 3-5 days translation it will be created

Second good new in the same post !! Great.
Waiting for news from you...

Italian Translation :
Well ! It goes on. For proxy reason, Pianedimorro can't come here, but he asked me to send him the files for Italian translation.
He's ok to translate and should begin very soon (if it isn't already begun)...

Russian Translation :
Swan works on it. We probably have some news soon....

Several users (most Frenchies... no comment) contacted me about problems to install the multi-lingual version of Second Revolution (actually English + French and others soon).
I decided to create a "only one" .ZIP file.
It's now downloadable at http://photographisme.free.fr/civ4/second_revolution/.
And I added more explanations about installation.

In version 1.5-1.6 I have seen inefficient use of opportunities XML (i.e. much tags which duplicate texts of original game) is inconveniently for search of new changes and takes a superfluous place in archive which could be used with greater efficiency.

I can optimize text XML-files that the fashion will not be reflected in any way in quality and normal work. After optimization anew to translate already translated parts it is not required - I can give the program which is created to combine specially various translations, quickly and not using "copy-paste".

A question - whether to do optimization?

Thank you very much, swan! :goodjob: I am excited to see the second revolution in russian. i have seen it on one of the russian civ sites for months now, but only in english :(

i am very aware of my previous version's inefficiency. this is due me not nowing anything about XML when i started.

i think the optimization will be okay, but as long as you still leave the full tech tree. in the old (1.6c) version, i tried to make it so you could also play through history and end up in the second revolution (this didnt work too well though).

if you want to translate the newer version, you will notice that alot of the extraneous XML is gone, as i am doing a total conversion based on the 'Barebones Mod' template in warlords.

Oops - at me version 1.6 (not 1.6c) - I ask to send contents of XML\Text folder from the version 1.6c and if it is possible that will be included into the next version - on e-mail: swan<antispam>civfanatics.ru

Sorry.
At me a small problem. My colleague is sick. I now need to work for itself and instead of it. Therefore on translation of time almost does not remain. Wait for 2-3 more days if it is not urgent

Top Bottom