1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

translation

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by sebastien, Sep 11, 2006.

1. sebastien

sebastien Chieftain

:mad: :mad: what is this ****ing translation we found on non-american civilization 3 & 4 version
    i'm french and the french version is full of mistakes
    there are words that don't exist, un-understanding sentence, so big grammar faults, vocabulary sense is sometimes hypothecal
    none of the patches that firaxis gives can correct that;
    i don't understand how a world-wide best seller game as civilization 4 can let computers dictionnary translate such game.
    please can someone tell an higher graded civ creator to translate correctly into french and it's the same for other version, i've ask other international player
    i've try to do all myself but it's very long to read all the Civilopeadia text and to correct that.

PS: i can do list of all mistakes if someone want one to show you how it's so misunderstanding.

PS2(!!): sorry for my personal faults in this post but english(american?) is not my fisrt language:blush:

2. mtu

mtu Warlord

The "power" graph in the Information menu is calld "Elektrizität" in German.

Yes, they mixed up "military power" and "electrical power". :hammer:

3. SkippyT

SkippyT Who?

Hmmm...I haven't noticed that in the Spanish version

4. NKVD

NKVD Cossack

that's because they probably hired some illegal immigrants back in New York to work on the game...:)

5. lobster

lobster Warlord

Heh, can they understand the original English version well? :mischief:

6. Pitboss

Pitboss Prince

I already replied to this problem in a previous thread, so I'm going to do this the lazy way ... ;)

7. Agarwaen

Agarwaen King

well, the portuguese translation was made by the players here in Brazil (by the internet comunity)...

8. Older than Dirt

Older than Dirt King

Picky, Picky, Picky. The game was designed to make a quick buck and not to please English majors. The Welsh didn't need to read to conquer the world: all we needed was the wheelbarrow.

9. mtu

mtu Warlord

Complaining about a confusion of "power" and "electricity" in the language which is the second most used among civ players is not exactly being overly picky.

10. derflensburger

derflensburger Chieftain

I totally agree.
    Personally I am an English teacher in Germany so I don't have any troubles playing the orioginal version but still I don't understand how they can sell badly translated games to make a lot of money with them...

11. Chamaedrys

Chamaedrys Emperor

Another stupid translation:

Immortal - -> Krummsäbelkämpfer ("Scimitar warrior")

How could they call his weapon a scimitar :confused: