Translations

NikNaks

Deity
I know it's early days, but I'd like to know if there's anyone who'd like to translate the mod into French, Spanish, German, Portuguese or even something else. If you're interested, you can start right away :) See Post #9 for details on getting the SVN software.

I can translate to Canadian. It just involves adding the world "eh" to the end of every sentence.

I'm not fluent by any stretch of the imagination, but I can help with French translation, even if it's just proofreading an automatic translation for any glaring errors.

I think i can do a Russian translation and help with french one.

Nope, sorry. And I do know that native is best, but this looks a great mod, and i'd like to do anything I can do to help.

Okay, download this software and install it. Restart if it prompts you, then create a new folder. This can be anywhere you like, and it'll be where you store your copy of the mod (I normally use the BtS Mods folder). Call it "World 2009" or something else of your choosing.

Then, right click on the folder you just made, and choose "SVN Checkout". In the box that pops up, there's a field called "URL". In there, paste this URL:
Code:
https://world2008mod.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/world2008mod
... and leave all the other variables the same. Click "OK" or "Checkout" and the download will begin. Once that's done (it'll take a while), you can head for the Assets/XML/Text folder and convert some tags.

When you've got something to upload, you need to have sent me your SourceForge username so that I can add you to the project. Then, you can right click on the root folder, and click "SVN Commit". Hit the OK button, and your edited files should upload.

Does that make sense?

Oh yeah, I've heard of SVN before. I'm really sorry but I'm not able to get it. In that case, sorry, seems like I won't be able to help after all.

Will start doing the translation as we hit New Year holidays here in Russia:rolleyes:

I could translate it to German.

But I'm not sure if I will be able to cope with the program because I'm really incompetent concerning all sorts of modding. Furthermore I think I won't have enough time to do the whole translation alone.

Nonetheless I hope that I can help and contribute to this great mod!!! The language, at least, would be no problem because I'm austrian hence a native speaker :).

greetings

Excellent! The SVN software is really quite simple, and the XML itself is easy to understand. If you want to start now, download the SVN as I mentioned in one of my other posts, and you can start converting into German. There are plenty of tags already there for you to have a go at. Just replace the text between the <German> tags with the translation :)

Don't worry about time. Anything you can do is helpful :)

Wow, when I said not fluent... I'll be able to do something but it'll take a while and will almost certainly not be the best version. You really need natives, I see what you mean. I can do something for French and Spanish though. Any place I should start?

I have a little problem:

I downloaded the software, installed it and downloaded the whole "World 2009" folder too, but now I don't really know WHAT I should translate. You know I'm not very skilled with this kind of stuff and so I neither know how to open the files (if that is necessary) nor how I can edit them or even which files I should edit. Sorry for my ignorance!

I would be very happy if sombedody could help me :).

Lg

Top Bottom