Translators Needed!

alerum68

Priest of Hiroshima
Hey guys! We could really use some help with translations. Cam has done a wonderful job making translations for Italian, and Nik with French, but we really need German and and Spanish.

I'd prefer native speakers, or at least people who have lived in a country speaking only that language, for at least a couple of years.

We need Spanish, and German Translators for the following task:

Main BugReadMe file.
FBugReadMe (It should be almost the same as the original, but still there.
Included MOD Docs.
RealQuote Diplomacy.
Hints & Tips loading.

Thanks guys!

·Imhotep·;5940212 said:
How many lines are those ?

A lot! A full translation requires about 24 hours. (I'm about 80% of Italian translation, and I worked on it for 20 hours)
But it's not said that someone has to translate everything, one can only choose to translate the readme, or something else. And it can be done slowly, committing each single file which has been translated.

Yes, and just getting the ReadMe files done is the main priority at the moment. I want to make this mod as international as possible...

Take a look at the ReadMe and see if you want to tackle it. I do prefer that the wording being changed so it sounds like a native speaker wrote it, if possible.

For anyone that wants to just get their feet wet, we also need a small number of translations to the in-game text messages. Check out the XML files in CustomAssets/XML/Text. The main GameText file needs colors (should be mostly easy) and a few sentences. :)

I'm trying to externalize text to display to the user as much as possible, and I'm converting included mods as I go. Luckily Civ4lerts was already done!

I can do same translations, too. German, thats my tongue. I’ve seen that there are already people willing to work on a german translation.
Thus, I think it would be an essential idea to set up some kind of time coordination for every piece of text which has to be translated.
For example: When imhotep started translating the flavour readme yesterday evening, it doesn’t make sense that I begin translating the same piece of text right now.

So, to begin, it would be great to have a list of the texts that still have to be translated (and are not already in translation work by anybody).

Just to avoid double - useless- work.

If you want to have a workflow, you post a list, where anybody who has the time can sign in, with an (more more than less) definitive ETA. This way we can avoid to work on a sheet thats already done, everybody.

Well, lets go on ... which are the files that imhotep (or another member) is translating right now, which are the files still to do??

I can make 2 A4 sheets till tuesday, eventually wednesday evening. Evening means 23:00 h. For yu folks on the other end: minus 9 hours on the west coast, minus 5 or 4 on the other coast of your isle ;)

BTW:the european worker still is in red dots ...

So far as I know, no one has taken on any of the German docs yet... Italian is complete thinks to Camm's hard efforts, and we have a French ReadMe, but otherwise I know of nothing else that is being translated.

If you'd like, we are planning on putting version 1.0 this sunday, so if you would like to translate the BUG Read Me file into German, that would be great!

see thread #8 (just above)

So far as I know, no one has taken on any of the German docs yet... Italian is complete thinks to Camm's hard efforts, and we have a French ReadMe, but otherwise I know of nothing else that is being translated.

If you'd like, we are planning on putting version 1.0 this sunday, so if you would like to translate the BUG Read Me file into German, that would be great!

The Italian translation is 95% complete (docs and in-game texts are ok, I only have to complete the translation of the ActualQuotes lines, but it has to wait for next release (I've committed AQ for WL and BtS leaders, still to complete the vanilla file)).

The French ReadMe exists but needs to be updated to match the English version.

The German ReadMe has not been done yet and nobody is currently working on it, so it will be the first thing to be transalted :)

Ok. I’ll try to do it. Tuesday evening, or maybe tomorrow.

I've no time for anything right now :( . Things might get better next week though, I'll post if I can do anything...

@ commagno (or others)

I’m about to finish the german ReadMe (BUG). How to proceed now?
Where to upload? Via tortoise to the SVN or to somebody from the board?

I'd say PM it to Cammagno as he's been our masterful doc lead. He'll be able to put it into SVN for you. THank you so much for helping out with the translations.

I was going to do the Swahili translations next, but our mod didn't test well with the local focus group. :( I think they feared that Zulu guy.

I'd say PM it to Cammagno as he's been our masterful doc lead. He'll be able to put it into SVN for you. THank you so much for helping out with the translations.

I was going to do the Swahili translations next, but our mod didn't test well with the local focus group. :( I think they feared that Zulu guy.

Just for that comment, (Which had me rolling btw), I'm going to put my bio on the Credits Page in Arabic!

@Cam - Would you mind adding Ludwig's name as a contributor to the MOD in the docs please? I'd do it, but not at my PC.

Just for that comment, (Which had me rolling btw), I'm going to put my bio on the Credits Page in Arabic!

@Cam - Would you mind adding Ludwig's name as a contributor to the MOD in the docs please? I'd do it, but not at my PC.

I was thinking the same thing, but waiting for EF's credit screen to see how we want to manage credits to contributors, mod's authors and so on.
I have no idea of how you guys wanted to manage this things... :blush:

I added the most current Docs to the zip file, change the wording in the install, and put the new zip with the docs up on the Download area of CFC. Tried to upload to SF again, and still getting errors. Could someone else with an FTP cliet try uploading it for me, and I'll put it on the current version page on SF if it works?

I downloaded the 1.0 ZIP and FTPed it to SF.net. I didn't update any links or new versions or whatnot, so the default download page still references 0.16. I'm not sure what you normally do for this, so I left it to you.

BTW, I use LeechFTP if you're looking for a solid free FTP program. I had no trouble, though I did choose a different name from the file that is already there. I suspect that it won't let you use that same filename as a security measure.

Top Bottom