Transport Ships

Okay. But I meant in post #1. ;)
Done :)

And do the AI use carriers at all? Maybe there's some way to recycle that mechanism?
Actually the Transports got carriers AI. Dont know if it works.

Can you upload a file here for those of us who can't use the mod browser?
Done, it is in moderation queue.

Nevermind... although boarding a Triere by paradropping from an airplane´s a tad bit odd when you haven´t even entered the Classical Age... :eek:
Yeah its odd. I´m working on a better Version.

Cool! :thumbsup:

(Also because the AI is really bad at crossing Oceans by embarkment... So far I´ve seen some city states´ Trieres - why not Galleys, BTW-, but no player ones´ to speak of; that is, AFAIK, no AI has crossed an ocean with it yet. Could be they prefer to embark - since any unit can do that.)

Trieres - why not Galleys, BTW
Because Galleys are used as Babarian Ships by Civilization already.

Could be they prefer to embark - since any unit can do that.)
Nice conclusion. I will try what they do without embarking activated.
I planned to deactivate the auto promotion of embarking in the Final Mod. That you can only Embark if you promote a Unit with Embark-Promotion. But im not sure until now because of my second idea to use embarked units as "shuttle-boats" like poncratias posted before (maybe this is a second mod, because i have to rewrite embark. maybe you see that you can unload units loaded by drop-icon can go to water tile but didnt embark like from land-tile and spawn at nearest land tile then.... i stop loud thinkin for now not to irritate ;)).

Okay, I´m now using v. 3. I notice military units can paradrop into transports, civilians embark (and sometimes disembark - you need to keep an eye on them during transport). Also, Trieres don´t seem to become obsolete with Galleons (I can build them both). I think... (Sorry, no screenshot of this.)

Yes, I know... :)

I´ve noticed I can´t seem to load Spaceship parts onto a Transport; they just embark no matter what I try...
Thanks, i will have a look.
I´ve downloaded v. 3 from the hub... but it isn´t mentioned here? :confused:
See Startpost. I dont upload a new version to civfanatics because of the very small update (lack of time atm) Next time i make an update post ;) thx
Is it possible to give all regular ships the ability to carry one great person?
Yes. Im ready to release transport mod wishes if anybody need. Please discuss in this thread if you want.
...Also, Trieres don´t seem to become obsolete with Galleons (I can build them both). I think... (Sorry, no screenshot of this.)
You´re right, i didnt add this string. Thanks.

Any more progress on this? I've had a devil of a time exploring with a Triere with a Scout aboard. The Scout keeps detaching from the ship, sometimes the Triere has even sailed backwards (!) leaving the Scout exposed.

Yes, I´ve found the easiest way to embark on a transport is to use "embark",and then click on the embarked unit to disable its last order. (Unit will stay "on board" until ordered otherwise.)

How can I get this mod? I know its been like 2 years since anyone's responded to this thread, and I can't find it in the mod browser

Top Bottom