Traps and Towers module

generalstaff

Steadfast
Since I promised to start a thread for this when I started the XML for it, here it is.

Towers

Palisade Wall (Req None [Already In Mod]) - Can Upgrade to Wall: +10% Defense, Double Production with Protective. Obsolete: Rifling

Walls and Highwalls can upgrade to Barricades

Barricade (Req Rifling) - Can Upgrade to Barbwire Fence: +50% Defense, +20% Bombard Defense, -1 Trade Route. Obsolete: Automatic Weapons

Barbwire Fence can upgrade to Cement Barrier

Cement Barrier (Req Fascism, Manufacturing) - Can Upgrade to Arcology: +50% Defense, +40% Bombard Defense, +40% Spy Defense, -2 Happiness, -1 Trade Route, -30% Foreign Trade. Req Cement, Barbwire Fence. Obsolete: Controlled Plasma

Frontier Outpost (Req None [Already In Mod]) - Can Upgrade to Fortified Outpost: 5% Defense. Obsolete: Siege Warfare

Fortified Outpost (Req Masonry) - Can Upgrade to Fortified Outpost: 10% Defense. Obsolete: Engineering

Watch Tower (Req Masonry, Mathematics) - Can Upgrade to Guard Tower: 10% Defense- 5% Bombard Damage, +100% Production with Stone. Obsolete: Artillery

Guard Tower (Req Siege Warfare) - Can Upgrade to Keep Tower: 10% Defense, -10% Bombard Damage. Req: Stone. Obsolete: Artillery

Keep Tower (Req Engineering) - Can Upgrade to Bombard Tower: 15% Defense, -10% Bombard Damage. Req: Stone. Obsolete: Artillery

Bombard Tower (Req Gunpowder) - Can Upgrade to Artillery Battery: 15% Defense, -10% Bombard Damage, 5% Damage to adjacent units. Req: Sulphur. Obsolete: Artillery

Artillery Battery (Req Artillery) - Can Upgrade to Autocannon Battery : 15% Defense, -10% Bombard Damage, 10% Damage to adjacent units. Req: Ammunition. Obsolete: Controlled Plasma

Auto-Cannon Battery (Req Automatic Weapons, Manufacturing) - Can Upgrade to Missile Battery: 15% Defense, -10% Bombard Damage, -10% Damage from Air Units, 10% Damage to adjacent units -10% Damage from Air Units. Req: Ammunition. Obsolete: Controlled Plasma

Missile Battery (Req Advanced Rocketry) - Can Upgrade to Railgun Battery: 20% Defense, -20% Bombard Damage, -20% Damage from Air Units, 10% Damage to adjacent units, +50% Production with Semiconductors

Railgun Battery (Req Railgun) - Can Upgrade to Laser Battery: 20% Defense, -20% Bombard Damage, -20% Damage from Air Units, 15% Damage to adjacent units. Req: Nanotubes

Laser Battery (Req Fusion) - Can Upgrade to Laser Battery: 25% Defense, -25% Bombard Damage, -25% Damage from Air Units, 15% Damage to adjacent units. Req: Nanotubes

Anti-Matter Battery (Req Advanced Shielding): 30% Defense, -30% Bombard Damage, -30% Damage from Air Units, 25% Damage to adjacent units. Req: Nanotubes

This mod is currently held up due to missing building graphics; I need a Cement Barrier wall for city graphics. I probably will have better luck with graphics requests here than the graphics forum.

Towers will require A New Dawn.

Download: http://www.atomicgamer.com/file.php?id=87589

Traps
-Pit Traps
Tech: Mining
-2 Health
+10% Defense
+10% Maintenance
Upgrades: Mechanical Traps, Land Mines, Booby Traps, Robotic Traps
Obsolete: Military Science

-Mechanical Traps
Tech: Manchinery
Req: Iron or Steel
-2 Health
+10% Defense
+15% Maintenance
+2% Food with Deer
+2% Food with Fur
Upgrades: Land Mines, Booby Traps, Robotic Traps
Obsolete: Biology

-Land Mines
Tech: Explosives
Req: Sulphur or Ammunition
+25% Production with Ammunition
-4 Health
-2 Happiness
+25% Defense
+15% Maintenance
Upgrades: Booby Traps, Robotic Traps
Obsolete: Globalization

-Booby Traps
Tech: Guerrilla Warfare
Req: Sulphur or Ammo
+25% Production with Ammunition
-5 Health
-3 Happiness
+30% Defense
+10% Spy Defense
+10% Maintenance
Upgrades: Robotic Traps
Obsolete: Human-Machine Interface

-Robotic Traps
Tech: Military Robotics
Req: Nanobots
-3 Health
-3 Happiness
+30% Defense
+15% Spy Defense
+15% Maintenance

Traps will require A New Dawn

Download: File Attached to Post

Attachments

• Traps.zip
    30.7 KB · Views: 228
FYI, I already have an outpost for the military buildings. Please make sure not to overlap it.

I reposed here so the info can be seen.

Traps

Pit Traps (Req Mining) - Upgrades to Spike Traps

Spike Traps (Req Mathematics) - Upgrades to Mechanical Traps

Mechanical Traps (Req Machinery) - Upgrades to Timed Traps

Timed Traps (Req Clockworks) - Upgrades to Landmines

Landmines (Req Explosives)

Towers

Outpost (Req None [Already In Mod]) - Can Upgrade to Watch Tower

Watch Tower (Req Masonry) - Can Upgrade to Guard Tower

Guard Tower (Req Siege Warfare) - Can Upgrade to Keep Tower

Keep Tower (Req Engineering) - Can Upgrade to Bombard Tower

Bombard Tower (Req Gunpowder) - Can Upgrade to Artillery Tower

Artillery Tower (Req Artillery) - Can Upgrade to Missile Tower

Missile Tower (Req Rocketry) - Can Upgrade to Plasma Tower

Plasma Tower (Req Railgun, Controlled Plasma)

I left out the laser tower since it is around the same time as missiles. Plus a plasma cannon is much cooler than a laser turret. I would have put it in but i cannot find a place that would not have it where the laser tower would exist before the missile tower or vice-versa.

---------------

Laser Battery (Req Controlled Plasma): 50% Defense, -25% Bombard Damage, -25% Damage from Air Units

I think this should be called "Plasma Battery" and require "Railgun Tech" too.

Will do. I also forgot that Semiconductors give a building constuction bonus with Missile and Plasma, Ammo is required for Artillery and Auto-cannon, Stone is required for Guard and Keep Towers, Stone gives a building bonus for Watch Tower, and Sulphur is required for Bombard.

Will do. I also forgot that Semiconductors give a building constuction bonus with Missile and Plasma, Ammo is required for Artillery and Auto-cannon, Stone is required for Guard and Keep Towers, Stone gives a building bonus for Watch Tower, and Sulphur is required for Bombard.

Sound reasonable.

Also i think there are already a "laser defense" building or something in the game. I will have to check civlopedia since I am not as familiar with trans-human era techs.

EDIT: Laser thing i was thinking of was the "Laser Auto-Defenses" which is a "project" not a "building".

Ehh, railguns have almost nothing to do with plasma, they're practically just a gun that shoots a projectile faster and further than a normal gun. Instead of combustion, it uses electricity.

Ehh, railguns have almost nothing to do with plasma, they're practically just a gun that shoots a projectile faster and further than a normal gun. Instead of combustion, it uses electricity.

Yes that's for slugs, but it also could be adapted to propel balls of plasma using its electromagnetic properties.

Should then add two Future batteries (Railgun, early future, and Plasma, late future)? I would just prefer to have the Plasma battery to keep the numbers even (2 Outposts, 4 Towers, and 4 Batteries).

Yes that's for slugs, but it also could be adapted to propel balls of plasma using its electromagnetic properties.

And how would you keep these balls of super-heated air contained and super heated while loading it into the railgun? I'm sorry but even though it sounds cool and all, plasma really isn't that good of a weapon except for a flamethrower. The plasma tank is just a tank that shoots flames nothing too futuristic about it really, they had those back in WWII, there was the main gun and next to it was a flamethrower on the front of the body. Now the only plasma that would be effective for a weapon would be a huge mistake to even use, the temprature that air would have to get to to stay dangerous at such a long period of time by itself is when it reaches the status of 'inferno' (roughly the temprature of the Sun's surface) which is much hotter than the explosion from an atom bomb and actually could destroy the atmosphere. All in all I'd say screw plasma batteries and go straight for the anti-matter.

And how would you keep these balls of super-heated air contained and super heated while loading it into the railgun? I'm sorry but even though it sounds cool and all, plasma really isn't that good of a weapon except for a flamethrower. The plasma tank is just a tank that shoots flames nothing too futuristic about it really, they had those back in WWII, there was the main gun and next to it was a flamethrower on the front of the body. Now the only plasma that would be effective for a weapon would be a huge mistake to even use, the temprature that air would have to get to to stay dangerous at such a long period of time by itself is when it reaches the status of 'inferno' (roughly the temprature of the Sun's surface) which is much hotter than the explosion from an atom bomb and actually could destroy the atmosphere. All in all I'd say screw plasma batteries and go straight for the anti-matter.

Only in the RoM forums would we have a serious discussion over the types of energy theoretical railgun's should launch.... :lol:

That said, Civ Fuehrer has a good point, we should go with Anti-Matter. Plasma sounds cool, but isn't realistic at all.

That said, Civ Fuehrer has a good point, we should go with Anti-Matter. Plasma sounds cool, but isn't realistic at all.

That is why I proposed the name "laser battery" rather than "plasma battery." Also, I would have proposed an Anti-Matter battery, but I have no idea what tech for that other than Future Tech. That would mean that the future batteries would go Railgun -> Laser/Plasma -> Anti-Matter.

That is why I proposed the name "laser battery" rather than "plasma battery." Also, I would have proposed an Anti-Matter battery, but I have no idea what tech for that other than Future Tech. That would mean that the future batteries would go Railgun -> Laser/Plasma -> Anti-Matter.

It SHOULD go Missile -> Laser -> Railgun -> Anti-Matter

I hear ya Hydro, but why do plasma when you could do Anti-Matter? It's more efficient AND devastating.

It SHOULD go Missile -> Laser -> Railgun -> Anti-Matter

That is fine. My bigger concern is what tech should I use for Anti-Matter (It would have to be a tech which would involve shielding pure anti-matter from matter, and Advanced Shielding does not seem advanced enough for that).

That is fine. My bigger concern is what tech should I use for Anti-Matter (It would have to be a tech which would involve shielding pure anti-matter from matter, and Advanced Shielding does not seem advanced enough for that).

Actually I think it could come in use around the same time as fusion since the process to make it uses supercolliders and to store it use vacuumed containers with an electro-magnetic field holding it in place.

Actually I think it could come in use around the same time as fusion since the process to make it uses supercolliders and to store it use vacuumed containers with an electro-magnetic field holding it in place.

If the Anti-Matter Battery were to happen at Fusion, that would mean that it would come too close to the other two Batteries on the tech tree. Maybe requiring Fusion and Advanced Shielding would work for to delay it (also, I think it would create a situation where using anti-matter as basic city defenses becomes more economical than railguns).

If the Anti-Matter Battery were to happen at Fusion, that would mean that it would come too close to the other two Batteries on the tech tree. Maybe requiring Fusion and Advanced Shielding would work for to delay it (also, I think it would create a situation where using anti-matter as basic city defenses becomes more economical than railguns).

Sure, though technically the use of antimatter could come into play when you build your first supercollider (since it's currently used for x-ray machines at your local dentist or hospital), the process to make it in large enough quantities to make it lethal enough however won't be possible or logical for a little bit further into the future and since the fusion tech is mostly about miniaturizing these supercolliders I thought it could give the railgun battery a chance to run. PS the laser battery should require laser and guided weapons to make it earlier than the railgun.

PS the laser battery should require laser and guided weapons to make it earlier than the railgun.

I am having railgun come before the laser battery. Any such errors on my part are due to my lack of knowledge about the Future Era tech tree since my computer currently can only handle standard maps, which result in my victory long before it (that will change soon since I am about to get a new computer).

I am having railgun come before the laser battery. Any such errors on my part are due to my lack of knowledge about the Future Era tech tree since my computer currently can only handle standard maps, which result in my victory long before it (that will change soon since I am about to get a new computer).

I have a jpeg of the tech tree, right here. I should add that to my sig...

Here are all the defensive buildings ...

- Walls (Req Masonry)
- Town Watch (Req Monarchy)
- High Walls (Req Siege Warfare, Walls)
- City Gatehouse (Req Siege Warfare, High Walls)
- City Gate (Req Machinery, City Gatehouse)
- Castle (Req Engineering)
- Castle Gatehouse (Req Engineering)
- Warlord's Keep (Req Vassalage, Vassalage [Civic])
- Keep (Req Architecture, High Walls, Castle)
- Balistraria (Req Architecture, High Walls, Castle)
- Secret Passageways (Req Architecture, High Walls, Castle)
- Ballista Turret (Req Invention, High Walls, Castle)
- Barbwire Fence (Req Fascism)
- Checkpont (Req Fascism, Fascist [Civic])
- Bunker (Req Electricity)
- Fortified Encampment (Req Guerrilla Warfare, Chiefdom [Civic])
- Radar Station (Req Radar)
- Bomb Shelter (Req Civil Engineering, Fission)
- Anti-Missile Battery (Req Military Robotics)
- Automated Defenses (Req Military Robotics, Post-Scarcity [Civic])
- Security Center (Rq Quantum Computing)
- Arcology Shielding (Req Shielding)
- Advanced Shielding (Req Arcology Shielding)
- Utility Fog (Req Nanobiotics)

---------------

New Buildings

- Palisade Walls
- Frontier Outpost (Req None [Already In Mod])
- Fortified Outpost (Req Masonry)
- Watch Tower (Req Masonry, Mathematics)
- Guard Tower (Req Siege Warfare)
- Keep Tower (Req Engineering)
- Bombard Tower (Req Gunpowder)
- Artillery Battery (Req Artillery)
- Auto-Cannon Battery (Req Automatic Weapons, Manufacturing)
- Missile Battery (Req Advanced Rocketry)
- Laser Battery (Req Controlled Plasma)

---------------

It seems like there are some times which wall/fence are missing where there could be.

Palisade Walls -> Walls -> High Walls -> [Some Walls/Fence Here] -> Barbwire Fence -> [Some Walls/Fence Here] -> Arcology Shielding -> Advanced Shielding

Some ideas ...

- Cement Barrier
- Chain-link Fence
- Electric Fence

Top Bottom