1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Treasure Fleet - 4X strategy game set in the Age of Discovery

Discussion in 'Other Civ-Related Games' started by DragosP, Apr 21, 2019.

1. DragosP

DragosP Chieftain

Hello everybody !

I want to announce that a project of mine that started as a hobby, a game I have been working on for a long time, is nearly finished.
    The game is a single player, isometric, turn based strategy, set in the Age of Discovery.
    It is currently in beta testing, as most of the game mechanics have been finished.

Here is a presentation movie, and you can visit the game homepage to find some more details and screenshots.

http://treasurefleetgame.com/

2. DragosP

DragosP Chieftain

3. PiratesGold

PiratesGold Chieftain

Thanks for this! It looks like it's going to be fun.
    Three things at first glance.

1. Problem.
    The tutorial is accessible only on the first time the game is played. After that, there appears to be no way to re-read it or refer to it.
    The only way to see it again is to uninstall and re-install the game.
    So I would recommend adding something (both on the opening menu and in-game) to click on which would access the tutorial.
    Particularly since it is a well-done tutorial.

2. Suggestion.
    Enable moving by the direction pad in addition to the mouse.
    Most people who will enjoy your game are used to doing that from Colonization.

3. Suggestion.
    When all units are out of movement points, have the End Turn button flash, or turn red, or somehow indicate this situation.

4. DragosP

DragosP Chieftain

Hi and thank you for your feedback!

1. You can press F1 on map view to bring back the tutorial window. There should be a tooltip on the close tutorial button that mentions it. There is also a .txt file in the game folder with all the keyboard shortcuts.

2. This is already implemented. Maybe you had Num Lock turned off?

3. This is a good idea, I'll add it to the TODO list.