trees

brinko

witness of the past
in my last game, i voted enviromentalism, and then i could not plant any trees? as stupid as this may sound, how do i plant trees?

They pop up on tiles that are not being worked. In addition to that, the tile cannot have any improvements on it, except roads.

trees only grow if there are trees in the nearby square and no improvements on the square it wants to grow in. and even then its very slow (i see it maybe once or twice a game before improvements cover everything).

Some ppl have modded in the ability to replant trees (Forestry Mod, Green Mod) and a few other mods have incorporated one of those in it (My Composite Mod has the Forestry Mod in it)

thanks guys. i wont chop them down next time.

You can chop some of them down. Just leave open tiles next to existing forests, rather than building other improvements next to the forest. The forest will grow into the empty tiles.

Wodan

If a city has hills around it, chop down the trees. Otherwise it's good to keep a few around to provide production later on.

You can also chop down all the trees outside the city radius, and it'll still provide hammers.

Top Bottom