• Innocent

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Abstain

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FortyJ

Deity
President Chieftess has been charged with violating this law. How do you find?

Please vote Guilty,Innocent, or Abstain. This poll will remain open for 72 hours.

Charge: Violation of CoL.D.1.D
Code:
[b]Code of Laws[/b]
[b]D.[/b] The Legislative Branch
    [b]1.[/b] The Senate (Governors)
        [b]D.[/b] A governor organizes the tile use in his [SIC] province.
PI #5 charges Chieftess with violating COL D.1.D, which states "A Governor organizes tile use in his Province". Since the begining of Term 6 I have posted in the Turn Chat Instruction thread, as well as The North Province thread, that Kuhkaff should be kept on minimal growth and maximum production. This is not a difficult task for anyone to do, even if they are Domestically challenged, which I'm sure Chieftess is not. But Chieftess continually focuses the labor force in Kuhkaff on growth, even though production is continually called for. Production has been needed for two resons - 1. Kuhkaff is currently building the Military Academy, so all possible shields should be used without causing starvation. 2. Hapiness problems will arise towards the end of the building of the MA. By focusing on growth, Chieftess will be causing premature happiness problems in Kuhkaff. The funny thing about this situation is that in DG1 Chieftess changed tile use to thwart the growth of my cities (ie Khatovar, Cyrus, etc.), now that growth will cause happiness problems, which I have pointed out to CT, she is pushing in that direction.

Because, as laid out in D.1.D, I am the one to organize tile use in my Province, not Chieftess, she has violated this law too.
The entire quote and relevant discussion can be found here.

I have received private messages from both Octavian and Naervod concerning this issue. Since their votes are split, it falls to me to decide this case.

I apologize for not responding sooner, but real-life events have prevented me from posting. However, I have reviewed the charges and the evidence presented and am now ready to render a verdict.

CoL-D-1-D relates directly to the organization of laborers inside the cities within the respective province. The governor has the right and responsibility to organize the laborers as he or she sees fit, with few exceptions.

As I see it, there are, at most, three reasons that would justify changing the allocation of laborers within a city: 1) governor's instructions, 2) council over-ride, and 3) an automatic readjustment due to a change in size (growth or starvation). (I'm not entirely sure if this is even a possibility, but I figured I'd include it, just in case...)

I can find no evidence of a council vote to change the allocation of laborers in the city of Kuhkaff. I am also unsure if the city of Kuhkaff has grown during the time in question. However, it seems clear that if the governor's instructions had been implemented in 1130AD as requested in the appropriate instruction thread, the city should not have grown at all.

So, while there are no instructions with respect to laborer organization for Kuhkaff in the 1170AD (before and after GL) threads, there are clear instructions in the 1130AD instruction threads. Since there was no council vote on the issue and the city did not (or at least, should not have) grown or shrunk during the time in question, it seems clear that Chieftess acted negligently with respect to the organization of Kuhkaff's laborer force.

I therefor, find the defendent guilty of this charge. The appropriate sentencing poll will be posted within 24 hours.

Top Bottom