Tribal Council Faction

I did! :)

But if Fed, or the lord want a go i am happy to for them to do it instead.

Cool, now they can stick with the area they volunteered for.

No problem!
If I'm chosen to the Hammer task I'll kindly ask lord_Joakim to assist me; If he
will be the chosen I volunteer myself to assist him.
(If I'm not wrong the true role of an counsellor is to say WHY he deems an option better than any other, to let the leader to take an informed decision. So, two students/advisors shall discuss and see and show farther.)
Best regards,

No problem!
If I'm chosen to the Hammer task I'll kindly ask lord_Joakim to assist me; If he
will be the chosen I volunteer myself to assist him.
(If I'm not wrong the true role of an counsellor is to say WHY he deems an option better than any other, to let the leader to take an informed decision. So, two students/advisors shall discuss and see and show farther.)
Best regards,

Then I'll assist you :) It's probably the better for the faction - I'm not the oldest player in Democracy games.

Just a reminder, fellow members of the Tribal Council, the poll for determining our Prime Faction is up!

Just click here and vote!

-- Ravensfire

How many people do we now have in our faction?

Regretfully, not enough to overcome the Triad Coalition. Our concept of an open, participative tribe fell to the brutal despotism of the Triad. I just hope that the system in practice is more organized and open than their proposal is.

For now, Tribal Council members, we need to continue to work together as a Faction. Through a single voice, we have a better chance of effecting change and influencing the path of our nation. In addition, we need to watch for signs of the coalition fracturing and of dissatisfaction with the Triad. If the opportunity presents itself, rebellion is an option!

-- Ravensfire

Form alliances with other factions, get thair members to vote for you for the benefits you will show them. Its called lobbying :rolleyes: . (go after poverty club first, they officialy set out the last election, they want someone slightly more democtatic i think)
p.s. sorry im not in your faction and i shouldnt be posting here, but triads too powerful, i like an even footing for at least the top two factions.

I just did the math, and posted the results in the poll. By forming a massive faction, the way that they did, they can effectively do whatever they want until our population grows, and we get more active citizens on board. I am reserving judgement of the Triad for now. I will support them as any loyal citizen would, until I see reason to do otherwise. Of the three factions in the Triad, I do have the most faith in the Phylosopher's faction. The Phylosophers has 20 of the 34 members in the Triad. That's 34 of the possible 70 voters...

@ Dave, and any other mods out there:
How can we verify that everyone who voted was a registered citizen?

@ Tribal council in general:
I would expect the Triad to outright ignore us. We are the second largest faction now and strong enough to mount a rebellion if they do run into problems. I would expect to be able to mount a rebellion too soon though, but we may have a better shot once more citizens register and/or joing the Tribal Council or perhaps when we can RP different civic options, etc...

@ Dave, and any other mods out there:
How can we verify that everyone who voted was a registered citizen?

IMO that's using user groups. You wouldn't be able to vote if you weren't a member of the group and someone would be assigned to watch who the group members are.

Remember that the factions are civic based and as other civics become available old powerful factions will disappear. There's a good chance by the end of the first term a new civic will be known and the Triad will break up as players will want to use the new civic. I fully expect (and look forward to) this happening a lot, especially as more civics become available.

Now if the Triad, or any group, continues to band together every election to force their group to win, then that would definitely be underhanded and I can see players starting to leave, but 1) I've heard mumblings about the Triad probably breaking up after this term, and 2) some of the strong supporters for the Triad also want to keep players, so I would think (and hope) they wouldn't do something that is counter productive in gaining more players.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, since this game is faction and civic based, so I'm fully expecting to see factions change frequently as the game progresses.

My hopes reside wrapped in the soothing words that you have so aptly presented.

IMO that's using user groups. You wouldn't be able to vote if you weren't a member of the group and someone would be assigned to watch who the group members are.

Remember that the factions are civic based and as other civics become available old powerful factions will disappear. There's a good chance by the end of the first term a new civic will be known and the Triad will break up as players will want to use the new civic. I fully expect (and look forward to) this happening a lot, especially as more civics become available.

Now if the Triad, or any group, continues to band together every election to force their group to win, then that would definitely be underhanded and I can see players starting to leave, but 1) I've heard mumblings about the Triad probably breaking up after this term, and 2) some of the strong supporters for the Triad also want to keep players, so I would think (and hope) they wouldn't do something that is counter productive in gaining more players.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, since this game is faction and civic based, I'm fully expecting to see factions change frequently as the game progresses.

The "Surf & Turf Society" is not the item I mentioned in my PM. The item in the PM doesn't need any techs.
The forum mentioned in the PM can be found at this link.

By forming a massive faction, the way that they did, they can effectively do whatever they want until our population grows, and we get more active citizens on board.
We can also just wait for the inevitable loss of citizens the demo games always have. The Tribal Council seems to be full of citizens that will stick around.

I look forward to additional discussion here and at the private faction forums as the game kicks off, don't lose heart people! We are still strong, though we may not yet hold the reigns of power.

I never lose heart! Everything is just starting; and honestly,until now,
they are doing good work.
And yes, as Factions are connected to civics, it looks all current
Factions shall be dead when game,that is research,goes on.
Best regards,

vra, our faction is engaged in efforts to stay united and to basically keep our eyes and ears open. As the Triad have won the first election as prime faction, our job now is to essentially be engaged and supportive while we await a future election that may bring us to power.

They are giving away free land plots in Arete, and I think we should all go for one, as we need to start making a mauve power wise.

Factions and Guilds may now take part (as a group) in the Church of Giruvegan Gambit system. This will allow the group to earn prestige with the church.

To take part choose one of the following "gambits" that most closely aligns to your group:

Loyal
Adventurous
Intellectual
Leader

Top Bottom