1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Tribal Warfare - Game

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PitBoss Games' started by KingMorgan, Nov 24, 2009.

1. KingMorgan

KingMorgan Deity

No offence Niklas, but we should play on now.

BS - please un pause and continue.

2. Amask

Amask Oogala Boogala

Hmmm, Niklas is mia again.

We have a big war coming up in a few turns. Doesn't make sense to continue without him.

3. Niklas

Niklas Fully Functional GOTM Staff

Argh, sorry again. Got struck with a bug monday lunch and have been home sick since, with no connection. Back on my feet now, but still no working internet at home.

I will play my turn right away, but more importantly I will ensure that I have a sub in case of a relapse.

4. Amask

Amask Oogala Boogala

I've paused the game again.

Without Niklas controlling his army, the game is pretty much decided.
    I can convert to Christianity before the next AP resolution if my votes aren't already enough to block religious victory.

If we lose our host in the meantime, or if Elkad loses interest too before Niklas is back, so be it, I still think it's better than me stupidly blowing up his cities one after the other.

If he is not here, I can do enough damage that he won't recover and it's game over anyway.

And Elkad, without Niklas helping you out in south, our battle would also go very differently than if he was. Those transports he has down there are a big deal.

(saying this in case you'd just want to fight a bit more before the game is over)

5. Elkad

Elkad Emperor

AP isn't going to end the game, unless Morgan decides to vote for me. Which seems pretty unlikely.

As to the rest of it.. Obviously I'm in no position to win any other way, I'm just playing to the end.

6. KingMorgan

KingMorgan Deity

Same here, playing it out.

7. Niklas

... and back again. I'm really sorry for halting the game in this fashion. :sad: I hope you all understand that this is definitely nothing I do intentionally. And I would really hate to hand off to a sub at this point, after fighting it out for so long.

The problem here and now is that my recent problems (both technical and health) have amassed a workload on me, which means my anticipated pre-Xmas stress now has more or less doubled. And then there's Xmas itself, with all that comes with it. If things had rolled on as normal, I expect I would have earlier asked for a pause of the game over Xmas, regardless. So while this may be a bit late, I still have to propse:

How about we put this game on halt for a week? Start it up again after the Xmas weekend?

On a related note - since it's obvious that there's a huge war coming up, what would people think about extending the timer to 48 hours after we restart?

8. Amask

Amask Oogala Boogala

Wouldn't mind extending the timer, but also fine if we don't.

Now, how do we decide who goes first?

9. KingMorgan

KingMorgan Deity

Paused for a week.

10. Niklas

What's your preference? Either is fine by me.

11. KingMorgan

KingMorgan Deity

Sorry, not going to be able to continue hosting or playing. Please send me a PM if you want the gamefiles and passwords.