Tribes of Israel mod

Exilarch

Chieftain
Hey, I’m a big fan of Jewish history and of video games, and I’m interested in combining those loves to make a "tribes of Israel" mod.

The central idea would be that you play as the tribe of Judah, Ephraim, Benjamin or Dan. The other tribes function as city-states and provide appropriate bonuses if you are the suzerain of their tribes. Asher provides a wealth bonus, Gad a military bonus. Yissachar and Zevulun, traditionally a strongly-bonded pair of tribes, are faith/learning and commerce/navy, function as a single political unit: whoever has the most envoys to the-two-of-them-combined gets suzerainety over both of them.

It would be great to map them according to the territory each tribe held in ancient Israel, and to include the resources that each were blessed with in the Biblical texts (e.g. lots of flocks for the tribes on the East of the Jordan).

I have lots of other ideas about customized units, heroes, etc.

I'm not sure how difficult this would be to make, or which details are hard vs. which are easy, but I'd love to have a chat with someone who's an experienced modder and see which ideas are viable. Maybe collaborate in more detail on this project.

Please let me know if you find this idea interesting.

Cheers,
Exilarch

I personally prefer the game of Civilization on a more global scale - so I don't have a personal desire for these kind of 'localised' mods - but I am happy to offer some time to help you understand the art of the possible. I'm all for encouraging content creation.

I wouldn't class myself as an 'experienced modder' but I'm capable enough. You're welcome to ping me a Direct Message, or lay out your ideas in more detail in this thread (probably better as a bigger potential audience). I can give you an approximate summary of the scales of difficulty for each part of your mod.

Top Bottom