Tribute to Other Civs Bug?

Marcvs Avrelivs

Warmongering Fool

On the top left box showing list of expenses, it says '139 to other civilizations.' Now, I don't recall giving any form of gpt payment to another civ. I just finished a lightning campaign against England (hence the unhappiness) and through it, my GNP suddenly plummeted from 200+ to the negative you see up there. Is that a bug or is there something I'm missing? :confused:

Check deal history just in case.

When I am looking at a screenshot on the forums, why do I always try to click on the mini-map thinking it is going to move the picture?

advice - never give AI gold per turn in a peace treaty, it's unnecessary. better to sell gpt to another civ for a lump sum (which you then have to spend) before making peace. that or just unemploy your citizens until your gpt is at 0, make peace, then set them back on the tiles. generally if an AI is willing to make peace and is asking for things from you, if you get rid of those things they'll still make peace with you.. so.. better to get rid of those things in ways that benefit you, rather than just freely handing them over.

No, that's impossible: I just checked deal history and no signs of gpt being given to the other AI leaders. My economy just went from gold mine to depression lane in the span of a single turn and it doesn't seem to be because I gave gpt payment

EDIT: Wait, there it is... Apparently, gandhi charged me 150 gpt (woah...) for a research agreement but I thought it was a one off payment.... Silly me :hammer2:

EDIT 2 : Declared war just to cancel it XD Such a big, big blunder, that

Thanks for mentioning this. I haven't heard of such a thing- if an AI is not willing to trade on equal terms, I just refuse. Meh, don't like them trying to rip me off. Unless it is for a few horses or something I don't need.

Top Bottom