tricksy ai vassalised my future capitulation victim!

eeevans

Chieftain
the idea: i'm heading for a tight space victory so get back ahead on score as an insurance policy

the plan: nuke mao zedong back to the stone age and capitulate him once he can have a civilised conversation

the result: one turn after irradiating every one of his cities, kublai kahn snaps him up as a vassal state and then dows me along with his existing vassals

arse.

so is there anything that can be done to prevent someone else nabbing a civ you're pounding on? or did it happen because they were mates (albeit only +3 or +4 or some such) and kublai was massively unimpressed by my nuclear assualt?

always check every now and then if they are willing to capitulate that way you can ensure that your enemy won't be a vassal to another civ. Or maybe they were just really good friends and mao wanted protection.

always check every now and then if they are willing to capitulate that way you can ensure that your enemy won't be a vassal to another civ. Or maybe they were just really good friends and mao wanted protection.

As above. Also, for an AI to accept a vassal they generally have to be Pleased with them, but in Kublai Kahn's case he only has to be Cautious. He wouldn't of done it though if he thought he couldn't beat you.

Top Bottom