1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Triggers file won't load

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by AzraelZephyrian, May 3, 2019.

1. AzraelZephyrian

AzraelZephyrian Chieftain

I've been working on some custom units for a few weeks, and the night before last I set out to make a Tortuga tank (for shivs and uh....niggles?). I've got a nice mesh, I modified the skeleton according to Deliverator's instructions to get the turret and gun joints in the right place, and when I load it in Granny viewer, everything is fine and dandy. It looks like a happy healthy steel guinea pig of doom.

The problem comes when I put it in game. The mesh is fine. It displays fine, and everything is in the right place. But none of the fidget animations play (e.g. characteristic tank "bounce"), and when it goes into combat, the enemy stands around and suddenly dies without warning. There are no sounds.

I tried loading different compatible .fsxmls with their associated triggers--that worked in the past--but they won't produce effect. When I load the same .fsxml (the one I made specifically for this unit) with reference to tank.gr2 (the vanilla vehicle), it calls the triggers *but with the added sounds and effects of a tank, in addition to the triggers I specify in the triggers file*. It's most perplexing.

It even fails to function when I have the literal stock tank triggers called.

I have attached a link to the mod below. Ignore all but the files in the main folder; none of them should be imported into VFS, save the tank animations, which I threw in just in case there was a problem referencing the .gr2 animations--which there doesn't appear to be.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hjf87alp6e9o1nd/La Tortuga (v 1).civ5mod?dl=0

Last edited: May 3, 2019