1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Trireme "lost at sea" while in city - known bug?

Discussion in 'Civ1 - General Discussions' started by C1v1l1z@t10n, Dec 21, 2019.

1. C1v1l1z@t10n

C1v1l1z@t10n Warlord

I didn't know this before but pretty sure some of the hardcore players and other known it, so maybe only new to me :)
    I had a city on a one square island, and when my Trireme ends it's turn on that City it gets the 50% chance of lost at sea, assume the code doesn't look at the square itself, but just the squares around which is of course water. Strange the code check that at all since the Trireme is already on land!

Did less than 20 seconds youtube video to show this

2. Valka D'Ur

Valka D'Ur Hosting Iron Pen in A&E Retired Moderator

It's new to me, too! :lol:

And to think I thought the most annoying oddity to do with triremes was the time when a trireme sank my battleship!

(kinda the naval version of :spear:)

3. Tristan_C

Tristan_C Emperor

It's nothing personal, but I Liked your trireme being lost at sea.

4. Mize

Mize Warlord

Nice find. Never happened upon this, probably because the random map generator never produces one-tile islands, and because those on Earth are hardly worth settling. Civ 3 had a lot of those though, IIRC. Made the game that much more boring.